Are my plants looking ok?

JParker420

420 Member
Hey guys,
I'm a complete newbie and first time grower for cannabis plants. I'm glad I got into it as it can help my mother's chronic pain heavily, but I just need to know a few things. I'm about 2.5/3 weeks into this grow (started April 4th) and I've been keeping the plants well dried and at a consistent temperature. I haven't got a proper light, but just a really bright lamp I got a few years ago. These plants look rather small compared to some others I've seen online, and I was wondering if they're still a good grow, and if they're not, how can I help it become better? Any help or criticism is warmly welcomed! (Also happy 4/20<3)
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG

Hiya jparker,
Plants are looking healthy, they've just entered the period where they need a bit more, more light and a bit of feeding.
Depending where you live(it's spring where I am),is there any chance you can put them out in the sunshine, or access more light?

Hey Listers, thanks for the reply :)
I've got a little "grow cabinet" set up; I looked at the specs last night after posting (typical) and I've only got a 125W lamp. I'm using a 18/8 light on/off cycle, but the lamp is quite far away and I don't have the typical reflective gear. I'm planning on moving the lamp closer and adding some very janky reflective stuff to make sure all the light gets to them :)

Also when it comes to food, what kind of stuff should I be using? I'm very clueless on this sort of stuff.

Thank you so so much!!! :D

Hey Listers, thanks for the reply :)
I've got a little "grow cabinet" set up; I looked at the specs last night after posting (typical) and I've only got a 125W lamp. I'm using a 18/8 light on/off cycle, but the lamp is quite far away and I don't have the typical reflective gear. I'm planning on moving the lamp closer and adding some very janky reflective stuff to make sure all the light gets to them :)

Also when it comes to food, what kind of stuff should I be using? I'm very clueless on this sort of stuff.

Thank you so so much!!! :D
Sometimes the best reflective surface is a Matt white painted flat surface,rather than what we all think is best at reflecting,you can even get Mylar reflective sheets from $ stores, they're good. Best not to use kitchen/aluminium foil.
The 125w light you have is it cfl or LED?
If it's cfl,you can get it as close as a couple of inches, if it's led, then it has to be further away.

Sometimes the best reflective surface is a Matt white painted flat surface,rather than what we all think is best at reflecting,you can even get Mylar reflective sheets from $ stores, they're good. Best not to use kitchen/aluminium foil.
The 125w light you have is it cfl or LED?
If it's cfl,you can get it as close as a couple of inches, if it's led, then it has to be further away.

The light is CFL - I'll get it about that close now then. I've even got some Mylar under the stairs, so that's all set :)

With the feeding situation, the soil they're in is about 50% composted - my dad being a gardener comes in handy quite a lot! What else is there that I can add to the soil to give it a helping hand? Thanks again :)

The light is CFL - I'll get it about that close now then. I've even got some Mylar under the stairs, so that's all set :)

With the feeding situation, the soil they're in is about 50% composted - my dad being a gardener comes in handy quite a lot! What else is there that I can add to the soil to give it a helping hand? Thanks again :)
Having Mylar under the stairs has well paid off, that's perfect.
If the soil has good compost in it, it should be pretty good for now, if you got access to good stuff like that you could top dress the soil with that and worm castings if you wanna stay organic. Or it depends what's available in your area.there's some good soil building and feeding sections here in 420 mag.
The important thing now is the ph of the water you're using, do you happen to know?

Having Mylar under the stairs has well paid off, that's perfect.
If the soil has good compost in it, it should be pretty good for now, if you got access to good stuff like that you could top dress the soil with that and worm castings if you wanna stay organic. Or it depends what's available in your area.there's some good soil building and feeding sections here in 420 mag.
The important thing now is the ph of the water you're using, do you happen to know?

I'm just using some filtered tap water, no idea sorry :/ that's also a good idea, I'm trying to stay as organic as possible for this grow :) how would I check/change the pH of my water?

Much more light is needed.
And I would transplant into a 5 gallon fabric pot in about a week and if you continue to use that soil then I would mix in about 30% aeration of some sort like pumice, rice hulls, biochar, hydroton, perlite.

I've got some fabric pots I'll be hopefully moving them into when they get big enough :) I'm also getting the light closer and putting mylar all around it as I was suggested to, you reckon that's enough? Even with my 125W CFL?

Yeah,knowing the ph is quite essential.
I not that good at linking things so I'm gonna direct you.
If you look in 420 menu,grow room,growers forums,in there the first section you will find organic soil thread, it's got a wealth of great growers discussing soil, the thread is long so maybe go to the end and see the main players and follow them. An amazing section.

I've got some fabric pots I'll be hopefully moving them into when they get big enough :) I'm also getting the light closer and putting mylar all around it as I was suggested to, you reckon that's enough? Even with my 125W CFL?
125w will be ok for now,but as they get bigger they'll need more.

Make sure you fill the pot to the brim like you did with these.
That CFL might barely be enough for a week or two of veg but isn't going to cut it for flower.

Back
Top Bottom