Are these normal?

thedoctor420

Hi

Just need a little advice. These seedlings are 8 days old and wondering if they are stretching too much or do they look normal for 8 days old. The first 2 days i germinated in a paper towel before putting in these.

they are under 2 tube sylvania 24Ws in a 5x5 tent.

IMG_661612.JPG

Definitely stretching more than is healthy, it makes them vulnerable to damage. Move them closer to the light. Also keep an oscillating fan in the room set to low. A little air movement makes them tremble and they react by growing stronger stems.

They are stretching a little because of low light. Florescent tubes can be as close as 3 inches away from tops of plants without burning. Their light is so spread out that they need to be closer than LED or HPS that have more focused light and heat.

Stretch is not bad now. If you adjust lights now your leaf nodes will be closer, which is what matters more. If you want to you can bury some of the excess stem when you pot the plants, but an extra inch or two of stem won't hurt anything as long as they don't keep stretching.

And add side breeze like weaselcracker said.

And where are my manners?! :welcome: to :420:.

So.. is your tent blue and bigger on the inside than outside? (or are you not that doctor?)

thanks, i moved them closer to around 5 inches above and they haven't stretched any more for 2 days. they did the majority of the stretching the first 3 days when i had the light at 18 inches :(

I hope they will be okay!

I planted mine the same day my seeds popped (3 days - paper towel method). They went into 1.5" rockwool that went into a 4" rockwool cube that went into 3gal fabric pot with coco/perlite Lol. You can check my grow out on my signature. My T5s push out 90F on the leaves if I bring them down too close to the seedlings so I had to bring them up around 12". I am thinking it's the UV bulbs I put in each fixture.

Back
Top Bottom