Are these popcorn buds?

painkills2

Anyone with an opinion?

A lot of things in life are surprisingly smokeable, but these buds are one of nature's better offerings -- an OG Kush with some initial bite, that then mellows with good longevity.

My issue is that I want to be an educated consumer, and know what I'm paying for... popcorn buds are usually cheaper, you know?

Popcorn buds are all the buds that are not kolas. That being said they do pack a nice punch if..... They are picked 1 wk after the main kola is picked (sometimes 2 weeks). If you pick all the main Kolas your popcorn buds will double their trichome production and the result is a much better, sweeter and longer lasting high. Popcorn buds that are picked at the same time as the Kola, on Sativa strains causes me to have a psychological issue. I get all pissed off at the slightest most ridiculous things. I stick with Indica dominant strains. The reason for that is, I have discovered the sativa strains are a stimulating strain usually. If they are not grown out long enough to at least until the trichomes turn cloudy then it is very bad for my system, I get psychotic anger episodes. I have torn doors off the frame, smashed my camera. It sucks. Look at your buds when you purchase them with a device called a loupe. A 30x loupe is 9.99 on Amazon. Look at your buds through it and if the trichomes are cloudy or slightly amber it will be dead on great smoke. Be careful with oils, shatter, wax and honeycomb wax. It is usually made with the stuff that nobody in their right mind would dare smoke. Not always but a lot of times it is. If you find them that are strain specific and guaranteed then you should be fine. Out of every 100 vendors you probably have 10 who will make the products that are not especially appealing into the concentrates. So to clarify, Popcorn buds are the buds that are not the main kolas (the top big buds). They are not done growing when the main buds are (USUALLY) sometimes they will be especially on white strains. White widow, white castle, etcetera. But I have never found all the buds on a plant to finish at the same time yet. I have been doing this (growing and consuming) for over 30 years. Hope that helps.

I bought one of those magnifying glasses (with a light too!) from Walgreens, but it didn't help -- so, thanks for the idea about the loupe. I've never seen anyone use anything like that here in New Mexico. I guess I could be a trend-setter?

I just wish all of this was a lot easier, ya know? Thanks so much for the reply.

Back
Top Bottom