Are we close to harvest? Photos

Dan Dark

Okay, now I really need some help. My girls are at day 49 of what I hoped would be a 56 day (8 week) flower period. However, they keep getting bigger! I don't mean by a little, look a week ago compared to today.

I have been watching the trichomes and one plant has started to go milky. I am attaching some natural light photos of a cola I took today. I am planning to dry it in the dridge and use it to be more patient (you understand I am dying to taste it!), and to get some opinions about how much longer should I go? If you have an informed and experienced opinion I REALLY would love to hear your thoyghts. Am I ready or weeks away?

IMG_2624.JPG
IMG_2625.JPG
IMG_2626.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

Another week or so. Need trichome shots to give an accurate estimate, but based of the look of the cola pistols and overall development, I'd say a week at least, maybe 10 days. If you're counting from when you first see signs of flowering, 56 days is reasonable. If you're counting from when you "flipped" the light schedule, 63 days is more expected.

Another week or so. Need trichome shots to give an accurate estimate, but based of the look of the cola pistols and overall development, I'd say a week at least, maybe 10 days. If you're counting from when you first see signs of flowering, 56 days is reasonable. If you're counting from when you "flipped" the light schedule, 63 days is more expected.
Thank you this is helpful. I see trichomes that still look mostly clear so yes at least one more week, maybe 10 days.

Okay I broke down and took a sample last week which I dried for 7 days. It is definitely not quite ready though the head high was amazing and immediate. I can definitely see how it will benefit the taste and (hopefully) pitency to wait a few more weeks. I polled some of my mentors (thank you :thanks:@penneywise, @Lime, @TysonOG, and @BeanTownFan for the guidance. It's my first harvest and if I don't screw it up it looks to be amazing!

11-27-2020 Jack H cola.jpg
11-27-2020 flower.jpg
11-27-2020 Jack H Cola #2.jpg
Jack H flower close up.jpg

Patience is the hardest factor to overcome. ;)

Ya I don't consider a plant done til mostly all the hairs/pistols turn color and calyx's swell.
Once most of them have turned color, then I start checking trichomes with loupe or minihand scope for ripeness!

Most trichomes should be milky with No clear, I like a few amber.

Yours probably had alot of clear still? Do you check trichomes?

Thanks for the compliment much appreciated!

Sampling is good cause you get to try out different times frames. Til you know what is preferred. Can dial it in more next round and you'll have a better idea when to chop, usually more than you think or hope, but it definitely pays off if you wait! ;)

Patience is the hardest factor to overcome. ;)

Ya I don't consider a plant done til mostly all the hairs/pistols turn color and calyx's swell.
Once most of them have turned color, then I start checking trichomes with loupe or minihand scope for ripeness!

Most trichomes should be milky with No clear, I like a few amber.

Yours probably had alot of clear still? Do you check trichomes?

Thanks for the compliment much appreciated!
Since this is my first grow on my own I have never seen pistils, trichomes or ripening. Watching this all unfold has been awesome experience. People like you encouraged me to be patient or I would have harvested a week ago - now they have almost doubled in size! I took one small nug a week ago that I wrote about. Yesterday I took one more which I will dry for at least 7 days and cure for another week before trying. That puts my harvest at least two more weeks away. I have counted about 400 nugs this size on my three plants - two Jack Herrer and one Durban Poison - I hate to wait but it looks like I'll be harvesting in time for the Holidays!

I do check the trichomes but have a still uneducated eye. Some look milky to me but pistiols, especially lower on the plant are still white or combination white reddish brown. I see no red or brown in the trichomes - yet but will keep a weather eye out!

:Namaste:

Since this is my first grow on my own I have never seen pistils, trichomes or ripening. Watching this all unfold has been awesome experience. People like you encouraged me to be patient or I would have harvested a week ago - now they have almost doubled in size!

:Namaste:
This is what its all about and why im here! Is to help people get the best out of their plants.

So many chop early cuz of breeder times, instead of watching plant to look for the signs, as all plants develop at their own rate.

With you sampling you will see for yourself what is best for you. Plus it gives you something to do while waiting patiently for plant to finish. Lol

Your on the right path and have great support here at 420 Mag! Should have a great harvest for your first! Good job

Back
Top Bottom