Army Vet Gone Hippy

Hugs MassMedMan,

I am indeed Hawaiian but now live on the mainland. My uncle is a Vietnam army veteran who operates a large ranch on Haleakala for retired horses and other homeless critters on Hawaiian homestead land. He's grown Maui Wowie since the start of the 1970's to help with his PTSD issues. He was also one of the founding members of one of the coolest hippy colonies on the island of Maui when he got back from Vietnam.

Hugs MassMedMan,

I am indeed Hawaiian but now live on the mainland. My uncle is a Vietnam army veteran who operates a large ranch on Haleakala for retired horses and other homeless critters on Hawaiian homestead land. He's grown Maui Wowie since the start of the 1970's to help with his PTSD issues. He was also one of the founding members of one of the coolest hippy colonies on the island of Maui when he got back from Vietnam.

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Oh, you are Hawaiian,, very cool. :surf:

An uncle of mine builds homes on the Big Island and Maui. Prolly smokes more than he builds but he's a master carpenter and his home on Hawaii, it's solid. And over the years he took a one acre parcel for a couple grand and has a beautiful home....magnificent. All built by hand,, all screwed in though... No nails.

I took my mother there in 03, last time I've been to the islands.

My wife and I are talking. We'll get there soon....

While I was in I spent three years on kbay,, LOVE the islands. My best friend while I was there happened to be a Marine, from Oahu... I've seen that island like very few military white guys, howlies, have :)

Anyway,, ever hear of a painter, local, named Robert Woodward? Has stuff all over the islands. They call him Woody...? Widely famous for painting by the banyan tree's on Alihi Blvd on the Big Island....

Anyway ;) Nice taking to you!

Aloha

Hugs MassMedMan,

Thank you for the warm welcome Cannabelle :)

Thanks to your husband for his service and thank you for representing the ideal soldier's wife. I lived on Maui for 3 years, near Kula, and on Oahu for 2 years. My ex- Father in Law owned Maui Floral and Design which he taught me all about raising tropical flowers. Gardening and surfing became my outlet as I was a government contractor and couldn't smoke. I cannot wait to move back someday.

What your husband is doing for homeless vets sounds great. I was just talking to my wife last night about things here in Colorado Springs. I work downtown and I see the homeless every day, some of them I recognize from the Army. After I was wounded I worked at Brigade. I saw a lot of faces and I am one of those folks who never forget a face. I know at least two were kicked out on drug use. One soldier in particular was blown up by an IED and has to use a wheelchair. He was having problems adjusting and turned to Heroine. The Army chaptered him out so he would not receive any benefits. When he signed out he was wheeled outside the gate and left on his own with two duffle bags. No ride, no ticket home. That was over 4 years ago, he still hangs out at the park tweaked out. I tried to help. A lot. Doesn't always work. A local newspaper won an award for the investigation piece that uncovered that Fort Carson was doing this to a lot of soldiers. It's sad how the Army loves you while your fit and following orders but once you are broken they just throw you out like trash.

I'm so glad that your husband is helping.

Very sad to hear that treatment. .sickening. But, I agree, once your hurt and they fill the "slot" your used trash,, not all. But a lot. Tough business, most have no idea. :(

I miss surfing. Have a good day bro,,

Very sad to hear that treatment. .sickening. But, I agree, once your hurt and they fill the "slot" your used trash,, not all. But a lot. Tough business, most have no idea. :(

I miss surfing. Have a good day bro,,

Thanks, have an awesome day yourself man!

Welcome to :420:

Thank you very much for your service. I'm very happy you found that beautiful woman and in so doing found something that worked.

I look forward to seeing you grow.

:thumb:

Thank you for the welcome! I'm so glad I found her too! :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom