GIjose

Hay Everyone,
I am an Army vet, curently full time care giver to my adult specal needs son. Ive been married to my awsome wife for 23 years, who is actively serving in the Army. Cannabis has helped me deal with anxiety, bad dreams, and really strong anger issues that developed from PTSD, CBD has also helped my son when it came to aches and pains due to a disability.
I am a strong supporter for the use cannabis instead of pharmaceuticals. When I return from deployment I came to my doctor and told him I'm having a hard time being home. Since we were some of the first rotations to come back doctors did not really know how to help with PTSD, and unfortunately prescribed me antipsychotics, and Powerful tranquilizers. The best way my wife described how I was acting was like a zombie. I was physically present but not totally there. I was missing formations in the morning, and not caring about my job. The repercussions of this was bad reviews on my performance review. Because of this I was feeling hopeless and starting to fall into depression, I eventually got to the point to where I was contemplating suicide. At this time with the help of my wife I took it upon myself to stop taking the medication because it was doing more harm than good. Feeling that I'm needing something to help I had turn to alcohol instead which was not a good choice either. In my eyes I was at least able to function around my family and work.
In 2007 I exited the army and began working in the oil field as a roughneck. I would spend two weeks out on the ocean working and two weeks at home. Sadly I was missing a lot of my kids lives and still battling with PTSD and depression.
My wife made the suggestion since I gave her a chance to be with our kids when they were younger that she would want do the same for me by enlisting in the Army. Which was awesome because we had 2 boys that were in their late teens and another that was 12. One of my older teenage Sons like I mentioned above has special needs, he has genetic disorder which causes mentalretardation, and a short lifespan. Thankfully allotting this time to me with my boys was priceless. My boys were in their formative years and needed their father to help to guide them through some of the most important times in a young man's life.
Fortunately we have been stationed in areas that it is legal to use and grow cannabis, from Colorado, Washington to California. Unfortunately the Army does not allow servicemembers to reside nor be around the sell or use of cannabis. The service member could possibly face a court-martial,jail and a unhonorable discharge. Thank you to my wife for understanding the necessity and allowing the of use but cannabis in our home.
Currently my oldest just returned from his first deployment to Afghanistan, my youngest is a junior in high school, and my special needs son has surpassed the life expectancy of his diagnosis and enjoys spending quality time with his father! I'm so proud of my family from my wife, and son serving our country to the maturity level of my youngest son that helps his big little brother that has special needs.
My hopes are that using this blog will help me learn to fine tune and grow meds for myself and my son. Also to give an ear and possible advice to my fellow veterans, and parents that are dealing with trying times in their lives. You Are Not Alone! As for my grow area I had built a grow tent using PVC pipe and tarps. Being that my wife is it primary income and we are a family of four I did not want to spend money on a grow room that I might have to sell or throw away because of the chances we might move to a location where it's not legal. Lastly I want to say thank you to everyone in advance for allowing me to share and receive tips and or advice.
Best regards,
G.I. JOSE

Welcome GiJose, thank for your service. We have a lot of members in the same place as you. I’m sure you’ll meet some of them. If you have any questions just ask and we’ll try to get answers for you.

hiya @GIjose

big welcome to 420.

take a little time to get acclimatized. the weather is great here and the natives mostly awesome.
before you know a tribe will have adopted you.

self built grow tent idea sounds awesome. i love diy stuff.
there is an entire section dedicated to it.

check out the helpful links for new members and make sure you learn how to make a grow journal then post one up.

there are loads of post service members here. i think one or two may even be a mod.
there is a lot of info on canna treatments as well. your in a land of good folk there.

enjoy the time with your son. :)

Hay Everyone,
I am an Army vet, curently full time care giver to my adult specal needs son. Ive been married to my awsome wife for 23 years, who is actively serving in the Army. Cannabis has helped me deal with anxiety, bad dreams, and really strong anger issues that developed from PTSD, CBD has also helped my son when it came to aches and pains due to a disability.
I am a strong supporter for the use cannabis instead of pharmaceuticals. When I return from deployment I came to my doctor and told him I'm having a hard time being home. Since we were some of the first rotations to come back doctors did not really know how to help with PTSD, and unfortunately prescribed me antipsychotics, and Powerful tranquilizers. The best way my wife described how I was acting was like a zombie. I was physically present but not totally there. I was missing formations in the morning, and not caring about my job. The repercussions of this was bad reviews on my performance review. Because of this I was feeling hopeless and starting to fall into depression, I eventually got to the point to where I was contemplating suicide. At this time with the help of my wife I took it upon myself to stop taking the medication because it was doing more harm than good. Feeling that I'm needing something to help I had turn to alcohol instead which was not a good choice either. In my eyes I was at least able to function around my family and work.
In 2007 I exited the army and began working in the oil field as a roughneck. I would spend two weeks out on the ocean working and two weeks at home. Sadly I was missing a lot of my kids lives and still battling with PTSD and depression.
My wife made the suggestion since I gave her a chance to be with our kids when they were younger that she would want do the same for me by enlisting in the Army. Which was awesome because we had 2 boys that were in their late teens and another that was 12. One of my older teenage Sons like I mentioned above has special needs, he has genetic disorder which causes mentalretardation, and a short lifespan. Thankfully allotting this time to me with my boys was priceless. My boys were in their formative years and needed their father to help to guide them through some of the most important times in a young man's life.
Fortunately we have been stationed in areas that it is legal to use and grow cannabis, from Colorado, Washington to California. Unfortunately the Army does not allow servicemembers to reside nor be around the sell or use of cannabis. The service member could possibly face a court-martial,jail and a unhonorable discharge. Thank you to my wife for understanding the necessity and allowing the of use but cannabis in our home.
Currently my oldest just returned from his first deployment to Afghanistan, my youngest is a junior in high school, and my special needs son has surpassed the life expectancy of his diagnosis and enjoys spending quality time with his father! I'm so proud of my family from my wife, and son serving our country to the maturity level of my youngest son that helps his big little brother that has special needs.
My hopes are that using this blog will help me learn to fine tune and grow meds for myself and my son. Also to give an ear and possible advice to my fellow veterans, and parents that are dealing with trying times in their lives. You Are Not Alone! As for my grow area I had built a grow tent using PVC pipe and tarps. Being that my wife is it primary income and we are a family of four I did not want to spend money on a grow room that I might have to sell or throw away because of the chances we might move to a location where it's not legal. Lastly I want to say thank you to everyone in advance for allowing me to share and receive tips and or advice.
Best regards,
G.I. JOSE

First and foremost, I want to thank you for your love of your country and your family . It sounds like you have an amazing family and I hope it all works out well. Kudos to your wife, too.

Thank you copperhead, it's good to hear that because living in the area that we are currently at they really don't have an appreciation for military members. Thank you, and everyone else here for your support for troops and veterans.

Back
Top Bottom