New Vet

Hello all,

I am new to the forums, and new to growing. I have consumed cannabis since my teenage years, taking an 8 year break from 2008-2016 to go join the Army and fight bad guys. Fellow veterans already know where that road leads lmao. Anyway, a few rockets, more bullets, and a lot of trips to the VA for PTSD, TBI, blah blah blah, have brought me full circle back to the cannabis.

I’ve always been interested in growing my own, but it was always a clandestine affair that required more than I was willing to give at the time. All of that has changed though. I live in Michigan, Detroit metro, so we have both medical and recreational access, with a 12 plant limit for anyone of age. After an Army friend offered me an undeniable deal on his equipment, I decided to finally get into growing. It’s been an amazing hobby so far and helps me forget a lot of the stuff I deal with daily so I’m excited going forward.

I’ve lurked and read probably hundreds of hours worth of knowledge from this site and look forward to hundreds more!

Hello all,

I am new to the forums, and new to growing. I have consumed cannabis since my teenage years, taking an 8 year break from 2008-2016 to go join the Army and fight bad guys. Fellow veterans already know where that road leads lmao. Anyway, a few rockets, more bullets, and a lot of trips to the VA for PTSD, TBI, blah blah blah, have brought me full circle back to the cannabis.

I’ve always been interested in growing my own, but it was always a clandestine affair that required more than I was willing to give at the time. All of that has changed though. I live in Michigan, Detroit metro, so we have both medical and recreational access, with a 12 plant limit for anyone of age. After an Army friend offered me an undeniable deal on his equipment, I decided to finally get into growing. It’s been an amazing hobby so far and helps me forget a lot of the stuff I deal with daily so I’m excited going forward.

I’ve lurked and read probably hundreds of hours worth of knowledge from this site and look forward to hundreds more!
First @Kefka I’d like to thank you for your service and welcome you to the @420 Magazine family . As a member your eligible for discounts from our Sponsors and after 50 posts you can enter contests. Our Sponsor @Vivonsun has a fantastic contest for Labor Day it’s anything you dream of from their extensive catalog. There’s posts that tell you how to start a grow journal and other things. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your grow. Also if you ever have a question about your plants be sure to be very specific such as indoors/outdoors , grow medium, nutes etc. Have a great weekend.

First @Kefka I’d like to thank you for your service and welcome you to the @420 Magazine family . As a member your eligible for discounts from our Sponsors and after 50 posts you can enter contests. Our Sponsor @Vivonsun has a fantastic contest for Labor Day it’s anything you dream of from their extensive catalog. There’s posts that tell you how to start a grow journal and other things. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your grow. Also if you ever have a question about your plants be sure to be very specific such as indoors/outdoors , grow medium, nutes etc. Have a great weekend.
Thank you for your thanks lol! I did not know about the discounts from sponsors so that’s exciting, especially because there’s a lot of pretty big names there that have me excited! The contests also sound exciting as well, nothing like a little purpose to drive creativity. Do individual comments count as posts, or is it the number of threads one has started?

I look forward to posting my progress and getting outside ideas, that’s where I tend to pickup a lot of those little hidden gem factoids and knowledge bumps. Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome @Keffka :ciao: Thanks for your service brother. I'm a UK vet. Getting into growing has been the best thing for my wellbeing. Good to hear it's helping you too.
Thank you for yours brother.. had a couple of Brits with us when we were in Shank in Afghanistan, they were hilarious!

The growing really helps a lot.. sometimes I find myself just staring at my garden, and it’s become my favorite place to smoke. Just sit outside looking in while enjoying the peace!

Hello all,

Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Thanks @StoneOtter and @Bill284 I figured I’ve lurked and learned enough I should probably start trying to participate and give back

Welcome Keffka. Not from the US but applaud you stepping up regardless. Hats off to you sir, happy growing :)
Thanks Joe, it admittedly wasn’t completely selfless, I had mouths to feed and we do what we can lol. Happy growing to you too!

Thanks @StoneOtter and @Bill284 I figured I’ve lurked and learned enough I should probably start trying to participate and give back
If you need help finding anything here or just a hand, my door is always open.
Anything I can help with. :thumb:
Hope your enjoying your long weekend. :yahoo:

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

:welcome: to the community. Nice deal from your buddy.

If you need help finding anything in particular, please let me know and I will do my best to assist.

Additionally, you may want to review these two threads:

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting
Hey HashGirl,

Thank you for the welcome. Funnily enough, I copied your spreadsheet from your runtz punch grow and use it to keep better track of my plants, so thank you twice lol.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Keffka

You mentioned you would like to learn how to grow, Water/Soil, indoors/Outdoors?
Sorry I just realized you mentioned getting some grow equipment

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Hey Tok,

Thanks for the welcome and info. I’m interested in all different methods of growing but figured I would start with high quality potting soil (coast of Maine) and begin working my way into other methods from there. I figure something that gives me a bit of a buffer in terms of mistakes made would be wisest while I work out the deficiencies in my setup. I initially began outside but quickly realized I preferred indoors since my area can be so temperamental when it comes to weather. I look forward to reading through your journals and seeing you around, have a good one!

I find myself just staring at my garden, and it’s become my favorite place to smoke. Just sit outside looking in while enjoying the peace!
Welcome Keff!! :welcome: I find I sometimes lose a big part of an afternoon this way!!:ciao:

Welcome Keff!! :welcome: I find I sometimes lose a big part of an afternoon this way!!:ciao:

Lol! I’ve done the same.. I’ve also found myself needing something near the garden, stopping to look at the garden, then completely forgetting to grab whatever it was I originally was looking for lol.

Welcome 🙃 and good luck with your future grows

Back
Top Bottom