Assemblyman Who Voted Against Legalizing Marijuana Busted With Pot

Truth Seeker

New York state police say they've charged a Hudson Valley assemblyman with marijuana possession following a traffic stop for speeding on the Thruway.

Troopers say 59-year-old Stephen Katz of Mohegan Lake was stopped about 10 a.m. Tuesday in Coeymans south of Albany for driving 80 mph on the highway with a 65 mph speed limit.

They say he had less than 25 grams of marijuana and was given an appearance ticket for the violation.

He's due in Coeymans Town Court on March 28.

Calls to the Assembly offices of the Republican and Conservative, a veterinarian first elected in 2010, were not initially returned Friday.

Katz voted against the legalization of medical marijuana during a vote last June. It passed 91-52, with most Republicans voting against it.

Stephen_Katz.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: abclocal.go.com
Author: abclocal.go.com
Website: Hudson Valley assemblyman who voted against legalizing marijuana busted with pot | 7online.com

Let me get this straight
Of course he voted against it... He is one of those guys that believes in keeping marijuana illegal so that he may profit tax free.
Opposed to decriminalization/legalization are true believer fundamental haters of anything their preacher says, and business interests hoping to keep the status quo a little longer? Long list

Still, half or more voters want the DEA to butt out. Interesting world, but not very nice.

I'm taking it this happened in California? :hmmmm:

I wonder if he's sitting there saying to himself "gee, if we'd only made it legal, I'd only be facing a speeding charge right now"? :yikes::rollingeyes:

Yep, what goes around, comes around...a bit of advice Mr.Assemblyman, if your not going to be part of the solution, don't be part of the problem...just sayin', you had a chance to help do something about it, but yet you chose to turn your back on it and now it's biting you in the ass, so now your just another victim of the drug war you chose to keep going...how does that feel? Pretty humbling huh dumb ass? :loopy:

Back
Top Bottom