Auto flower? Why my bag gurls going early?

Fulltimefarmer

I happened on some pineapple OG seeds from the disp. Typically don’t grow out “bag weed” but figured it would help me get back into the hobby without dipping into my good seed stash. (Been dormant for about 2 years).

anyway, these girls were setup in a tent initially until our weather wasn’t too cold. Been outside for about 2 maybe 3 weeks and are showing signs of stacking/flowering. They had been fim’d, and topped as I assumed they would have plenty of time to fill out.

would there be a reason other than being autos? (they were showing some signs of early budding when in tent @18/6)
Or did I just put them out too early? (Currently 13 hour days)

Hey! Whats up Fulltimefarmer??

If they are photos that are stacking buds right now - then they should begin to reveg after summer solstice for northern hemisphere

if they are autos they will flower under any light schedule….

You mentioned signs of early budding in the tent…. wonder if that was early flower or just plants showing their female gender?

13 hours of daylight is why you are in flower. You should be supplementing light until May 15 (Northern California) or depending where you’re at—15.5 hours will keep you out of flower. I have a mother plant I placed outdoors yesterday but I have a drop light on a timer. The plant just needs to ‘see’ the light to stay out of flower. If you let the plant alone (no supplemental light) it will go back to veg as the days get longer and create millions of branches and just a nightmare to trim.

Hey! Whats up Fulltimefarmer??

If they are photos that are stacking buds right now - then they should begin to reveg after summer solstice for northern hemisphere

if they are autos they will flower under any light schedule….

You mentioned signs of early budding in the tent…. wonder if that was early flower or just plants showing their female gender?
Yes, about 3 weeks into the tent they started split growing? Forget the term, but where they are no longer popping out 2 equal branches and instead alternating. Then saw the pistils start shortly after, then tight packing of new growth. (All in the 18/6 tent). Now they are outside, and have the tight packed “stars” of new bud growth. either way they are outside till they finish. Will either windup with low yield autos, or unmanageable bushes.
13 hours of daylight is why you are in flower. You should be supplementing light until May 15 (Northern California) or depending where you’re at—15.5 hours will keep you out of flower. I have a mother plant I placed outdoors yesterday but I have a drop light on a timer. The plant just needs to ‘see’ the light to stay out of flower. If you let the plant alone (no supplemental light) it will go back to veg as the days get longer and create millions of branches and just a nightmare to trim.
THis was my initial thought. I had to do a reveg on a previous grow and dear gawd that was a pain to trim, but the yield was also ridiculous. (I think I have pics from previous grow somewhere..looked like a boxwood bush and took something like 1/2# dry off it.).

Are some strains more tolerant/picky when It comes to hours? …and is it hours of light, or hours of darkness? Cause I’ve had success with a 30 hour grow on a different strain and only gave the gurls 12 hours of dark. *digs up memory of how many hours it takes to gain/lose certain hormones to stimulate/sustain bloom*

Yes, about 3 weeks into the tent they started split growing? Forget the term, but where they are no longer popping out 2 equal branches and instead alternating. Then saw the pistils start shortly after, then tight packing of new growth. (All in the 18/6 tent). Now they are outside, and have the tight packed “stars” of new bud growth. either way they are outside till they finish. Will either windup with low yield autos, or unmanageable bushes.

THis was my initial thought. I had to do a reveg on a previous grow and dear gawd that was a pain to trim, but the yield was also ridiculous. (I think I have pics from previous grow somewhere..looked like a boxwood bush and took something like 1/2# dry off it.).

Are some strains more tolerant/picky when It comes to hours? …and is it hours of light, or hours of darkness? Cause I’ve had success with a 30 hour grow on a different strain and only gave the gurls 12 hours of dark. *digs up memory of how many hours it takes to gain/lose certain hormones to stimulate/sustain bloom*
isnt it hours of uninterrupted darkness? I know you can simply have a drop light come on in your garden for about a half hour at night to prevent flower during short days

I agree on strain’s response to hours can vary and can somewhat be controlled on your indoor grow. I like to bring out the sativa effects by running a tropical schedule—10on/14off.

Ahhh you mean staggered nodes or uneven nodes.
Or alternating nodes.

Generally speaking that’s a sign of sexually maturity but defs not the same thing as going into flower
And as some plants enter sexual maturity they will start showing a pre-flower as each new node forms but it is not full flowering. Just one pre-flower per node has been my experience. Not all plants will do this pre-flower thing but they do have the alternating nodes when the time is right.

Or alternating nodes.

And as some plants enter sexual maturity they will start showing a pre-flower as each new node forms but it is not full flowering. Just one pre-flower per node has been my experience. Not all plants will do this pre-flower thing but they do have the alternating nodes when the time is right.
Eh, this ain’t pre flower. They had been in a 18/6 tent the whole time before they started showing the alternating nodes, and then started stacking. The other one that this thread started on had been outside for a good month before I threw these outside. THe other strain I have in tent hasnt shown any signs of maturity or flowering so I know my timers were fine. At this point I can only assume they Are autos.

DB2BFFBF-3D01-4486-8E3C-F1889308625B.jpeg

519E4347-CF77-48B5-8DD5-06E3FE54B284.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom