Auto question

irocu88

I am growing a Bergmans gold auto, I had to cut the photo period down to 12 to force it to flower, my question is now that it is flowering well....if I turn it back to 18 hrs, will it revert back to veg or continue to flower?

If you had to change the light cycle to make it flower then presumably it’s a photo not an auto, and so yes it would reveg if you change the lighting back to 18/6 again. How old is it?

Must be a photo then. It happens quite a lot.

as in autos that are actually photos?

have you ever had one weaseley?,, curious friend,, and this is not at all a challenge, it a curiosity q,, have you grown an auto before?,, me, very few and all bad

@irocu88 , pls,, can you explain more the sequence of the 11 weeks?

as in,, how long before you decided you needed to go 12/12 cuz it was not flowering as an auto should?

i am so curious about seed banks and if one is actually getting what one thinks one is

and butter too,, is it really butter?

and do you see the same purple as i do

ramble on,, near my favorite song period

Never grown an auto in my life ha ha. I never quite understood the point of them except maybe for outdoors. To cause pain and suffering among new growers?
Oh wait no- to sell more seeds, that was it.

I did actually try sprout a few autos In the past that I got as freebies but they all died young for some reason.

So take my post with a grain of salt- but from everything I’ve seen on the forum an auto would have started flowering long before 11 weeks. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Anyway- if it was an auto then a switch to 12/12 wouldn’t affect whether it flowered or not. These ‘autos not flowering’ threads come along in a pretty constant trickle.

This is actually my second in 3 crops to not auto most of mine have flowered at about the 4 week timeframe, a couple waited till around 5-6 I have not had one yet that was ready in the advertised 8 weeks most around week 9-10, I waited on this one until week 8 to drop the photo period, probably a little longer than I should have, but it is doing well for my rookie standards.

I have had a few issues with this particular crop, mostly because of me....I had added some lime+calcium to the soil before planting because my last grow had a calcium deficiency, and I wanted to "help" turns out I added too much and it played havok until I flushed with PH'd water...The first one that did not auto(last crop) I just placed outside to see what it would do, and it started to flower....did not do much, and then died like it reached the end of its grow period before it could finish.....so this one I forced it. here is a pic from this morning. I have also had two (super skunk, white widow) that are foxtailing, never had this before, I just learned of leaf temp, when I checked, it was around 86, so I raised my HPS and dropped the temp to 80. I don't know if this is the cause of the fox-tailing or not. The first pic is the gold that I forced to flower, the second is a white widow showing the fox-tailing. I will let this run its course, as it is the last tent crop. I am building a dedicated grow room that will have two HLG 350R-specs to replace my HPS along with co2 addition, it will be my fist try of LED's.....hope to have it ready for a spring crop, am excited to start my grow journal and keep much better track of my grows.

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0147 (1).jpg

it was around 86, so I raised my HPS and dropped the temp to 80. I don't know if this is the cause of the fox-tailing or not.
Hard to say. Maybe. I get foxtailing quite a lot too. I have a theory from watching other growers with the same issue -that it happens more with the HPS lighting. Which also could relate to temps I suppose. 86 isn’t too outrageous, but also maybe there were hotspots and it was hotter than that at the top of the cola- depending on how you measured temps.

Back
Top Bottom