Should I believe everything I read - New at this and need advise.

doit4fun

I recently read an article about sexing plants indoors prior to moving out. It explained the technique of force flowering at 12" and then forcing back into vegetation. I understand all that but whats throwing me off is that it stated one could start seedlings under 18 hrs then force sex under 12 hrs then back under 18 for veg, then it continues to say as long as they are transplanted outdoor by Mid May (along the 37th parallel), despite the decrease in daylight hours again, the plant shouldn't convert prematurely back into flowering and continue to veg until natures cycle is complete.
Is there something wrong with this picture?
Photoperiod is photoperiod....right? Its not making any sense to me.:peace:

I've also read that as long as the flowering isn't over 2 weeks for sexing, it'll go back to vegging w/o issues to it. Don't the days get longer by mid-May; maybe a typo n the word decrease? Rastafari.

Its pretty basic and doesn't require a lot of thought and yes, you can't believe everything you read, especially some of those short articles in paperback publications. Everyone has thier own thing and some are only trying to feel important and make a name for themselves. I suggest you take a basic gardening course at your local community college or check with the local Agricultural Center. I'm sure you've heard of K.I.S.S. (Keep it simple stupid)
Any annual that produces flower/fruit/seed based on photoperiod (Decrease in daylight hours or increase in darkness - However you want to look at it.) will be subject to problems if you expect all is good when moving from a 18 hour environment to a 14 hour one.......There will be a change! Even if the daylight is increasing it will not be as drastic as your initial one. Based on your timeframe and location, you will only have approx. a hour of increase over a 4-5 week period before it reverts back.
To avoid any problem its always best to be in sync with mother nature providing you plan on transplanting outdoors..........THINK AHEAD!

I recently read an article about sexing plants indoors prior to moving out. It explained the technique of force flowering at 12" and then forcing back into vegetation. I understand all that but whats throwing me off is that it stated one could start seedlings under 18 hrs then force sex under 12 hrs then back under 18 for veg, then it continues to say as long as they are transplanted outdoor by Mid May (along the 37th parallel), despite the decrease in daylight hours again, the plant shouldn't convert prematurely back into flowering and continue to veg until natures cycle is complete.
Is there something wrong with this picture?
Photoperiod is photoperiod....right? Its not making any sense to me.:peace:

the technique you describe is easy ,works and is used by thousands of growers.
I use it myself and don't have problems. I used it last year and I grew over 1 1/2 lbs.
Read a few reputable growing guides, or check my signature there is a link for this forums how to grow mmj. Its very helpful, Happy growing!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom