Need flipping advice

Very seldom can I provide complete darkness outdoors in the middle of a city. Full moon is about the brightest they handle.
Maybe cover the tent with a duvet cover or something for an extra light barrier?
Using a makeshift cardboard cover. Plants get 12 hrs of darkness everyday. One Sativa landrace is off and running. Another white widow photo is really slow. Only a couple of pistils here and there.

This is the Sativa landrace from the flowering room.

4684EB06-CDC2-45B1-85F2-237A6CB793C2.jpeg

basics are… plant will seriously stall out for while, then first visible sign is single bladed fan leaves will appear on top. It looks really funky. it will push singles blades for couple weeks.

Later on it will begin to pop 3 bladed fan leaves, reveg is a slow process. Then after even more tIme elapses the plant will push regular 5 bladed fan leaves- and then resume growing normally from there.

guesstimating here but takes 2-4 on early side up to 6-8 weeks late side for turnaround depending on various factors, turnaround is faster for a plant that just entered flower… whereas a just harvested plant takes much longer and must be harvested to take the buds but leave enough foliage in tact on each limb to keep drawing sap..

if you search here 420 for reveg you can scan thru similar questions and pics too I’m sure

Hey GBG,

just so long as inside of cardboard box has zero light leaks…like all ends folded and seams sealed with duct taped, none of that clear shit, yup we are talking complete blackout… pitch dark

what I’m trying to say is just sliding a box over her head on balcony may not work unless bottom is sealed up too

anywho not trying to be an ass just not fully awake yet!

Hey GBG,

just so long as inside of cardboard box has zero light leaks…like all ends folded and seams sealed with duct taped, none of that clear shit, yup we are talking complete blackout… pitch dark

what I’m trying to say is just sliding a box over her head on balcony may not work unless bottom is sealed up too

anywho not trying to be an ass just not fully awake yet!
Yes have rolled up a cardboard sheet into a cylinder and cut a round lid to seal from top. Incidentally, I did see some gaps today at the intersection of the lid and the cylinder which I’ll seal tomorrow. Though the space is quite dark at night but better safe than sorry I guess!

How do I identify re-vegging? Any good reads?
Use google or your favorite search engine and use the key words:
cannabis revegetation

The results will include several articles from either seed companies or people that have web pages devoted to growing Cannabis. One of the links should be from a blog page on the websites for Royal Queen Seeds, one of the sponsors here. The link to that blog will be below. You should also see articles from Leafly and GrowWeedEasy but those are not sponsors. Worth looking at several websites since the photos that are used to show what happens to the leaves and plant are different at each web site. Plus they have links to related articles.

Then come back and do a search here though people here tend to spell the name of the process many different ways.
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/us/blog-the-pros-and-cons-of-regeneration-n360

I have mother plant going through a major pre-flower stage and it looks like it is trying to form buds while under 18 hours of light. I had taken a cutting from it earlier. The cutting rooted and now the new plant is going through a revegetation cycle. The first photo below is from this morning and the rest are cropped closeups taken from that photo. Looking at it and it is easy to see that it has started revegetating. Plus it is easy to see the stages of revegetation working from the bottom with the oldest growth to the stop with the recent growth.
re-veg0.JPG

The second one below is from lower on the plant and is showing some of the early stage "funky changes" that started to take place several weeks ago.
re-veg1.JPG

This third one which is below is a bit higher up on the plant and shows that the single blade leaves had started to grow. The edges are not as serrated or sawtoothed as the usual Cannabis leaf. Often the edges might even be completely smooth.
re-veg2.JPG

The fourth photo which is below shows that up to this point the plant was still growing trichomes and pistils like usual even though the leaves were growing just one smoother edged fingers. Notice the trichomes on the early pre-flower parts and that there are still the white stigma or pistils. Even a few trichomes are still forming on the main rib under the blade leaf.
re-veg3.JPG

And in this last one which is below shows the top several inches and that the plant is no longer growing any pre-flowers or trichomes. It is still growing single bladed leaves but the serrations on the edge are getting more pronounced and are coming to points instead of being rounded.
re-veg4.JPG

Other things I have noticed on this clone and previous times I have done this regeneration include that the spacing between nodes will change. I believe that the 3 finger leaves will start to show after another couple of nodes. Eventually everything will be back to normal and I will have a new mother with pre-flowers and all.

This is a Blue Dream clone and it is a clone taken from a clone from a clone and this one is about generation 9 but I would have to look at the records. Seed was planted in November 2017. In the photos it does look like it is getting too much Nitrogen but it is naturally a dark green leaf so the leaf color has to be genetic. Plus the photo is a tad bit under-exposed.

Time to go back down to the room and start checking which plants need watering.

Use google or your favorite search engine and use the key words:
cannabis revegetation

The results will include several articles from either seed companies or people that have web pages devoted to growing Cannabis. One of the links should be from a blog page on the websites for Royal Queen Seeds, one of the sponsors here. The link to that blog will be below. You should also see articles from Leafly and GrowWeedEasy but those are not sponsors. Worth looking at several websites since the photos that are used to show what happens to the leaves and plant are different at each web site. Plus they have links to related articles.

Then come back and do a search here though people here tend to spell the name of the process many different ways.
https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/us/blog-the-pros-and-cons-of-regeneration-n360

I have mother plant going through a major pre-flower stage and it looks like it is trying to form buds while under 18 hours of light. I had taken a cutting from it earlier. The cutting rooted and now the new plant is going through a revegetation cycle. The first photo below is from this morning and the rest are cropped closeups taken from that photo. Looking at it and it is easy to see that it has started revegetating. Plus it is easy to see the stages of revegetation working from the bottom with the oldest growth to the stop with the recent growth.
re-veg0.JPG

The second one below is from lower on the plant and is showing some of the early stage "funky changes" that started to take place several weeks ago.
re-veg1.JPG

This third one which is below is a bit higher up on the plant and shows that the single blade leaves had started to grow. The edges are not as serrated or sawtoothed as the usual Cannabis leaf. Often the edges might even be completely smooth.
re-veg2.JPG

The fourth photo which is below shows that up to this point the plant was still growing trichomes and pistils like usual even though the leaves were growing just one smoother edged fingers. Notice the trichomes on the early pre-flower parts and that there are still the white stigma or pistils. Even a few trichomes are still forming on the main rib under the blade leaf.
re-veg3.JPG

And in this last one which is below shows the top several inches and that the plant is no longer growing any pre-flowers or trichomes. It is still growing single bladed leaves but the serrations on the edge are getting more pronounced and are coming to points instead of being rounded.
re-veg4.JPG

Other things I have noticed on this clone and previous times I have done this regeneration include that the spacing between nodes will change. I believe that the 3 finger leaves will start to show after another couple of nodes. Eventually everything will be back to normal and I will have a new mother with pre-flowers and all.

This is a Blue Dream clone and it is a clone taken from a clone from a clone and this one is about generation 9 but I would have to look at the records. Seed was planted in November 2017. In the photos it does look like it is getting too much Nitrogen but it is naturally a dark green leaf so the leaf color has to be genetic. Plus the photo is

Update and queries:
Pictured here are the two Malana landraces and 1 White Widow photo. The ML plants are 13 weeks old and 7 weeks into flowering.
WW is 11 weeks old and 6 into flower.
Can’t use my DIY flowering tent anymore since daytime temps are on the rise drastically. We have max daytime temps of 100 deg and lows are ~75. The DIY tent could be a fire hazard now.
Total astronomical daylight is 11.5 hrs.

Can these plants finish in natural daylight or do I risk re-vegging? And how much longer will it take for these to finish?

PS: ignore the white spots on the plant. It’s some orange peel powder dust which I’ll wash off today. No bugs or pests, yet. Using a neem oil spray frequently

56A15381-376B-46DA-A84E-66112E128728.jpeg

53BB3DE9-8341-4AB0-8E45-2481347CB033.jpeg

460F00C6-E9C6-4B91-A193-D53491EBC92F.jpeg

75DB26A4-6EE4-4E9C-ABAB-D84C5EBA2C3C.jpeg

40CB583F-E5CF-4DD3-AD72-AF5ED0F80099.jpeg

Total astronomical daylight is 11.5 hrs.

Can these plants finish in natural daylight or do I risk re-vegging?

it's a 50/50 prospect. are your daylight hours diminishing right now ? that'll be the real question. as long as they continue to diminish you should be fine. they may slow a bit, but should resume.

And how much longer will it take for these to finish?

settle in for a while. get a chair. you got wks and wks and wks to go. at least hopefully, those things need to fill in.

it's a 50/50 prospect. are your daylight hours diminishing right now ? that'll be the real question. as long as they continue to diminish you should be fine. they may slow a bit, but should resume.

settle in for a while. get a chair. you got wks and wks and wks to go. at least hopefully, those things need to fill in.
Day length is increasing. Equinox is 21st March.

Can these plants finish in natural daylight or do I risk re-vegging? And how much longer will it take for these to finish?
I am hoping that would mean that they finish before Mar 21.
You have one plant at 7 weeks into flowering and the other is 6 weeks into flowering. If you want a minimum of 8 weeks of flowering then one plant will be ready in a week and the other in 2 weeks.

But, outdoor growing being what it is, keeping them going for a couple more weeks could help with the plant producing more trichomes and larger buds.

Even with March 21st being the first day of Spring and having an astronomical daylight of 12 hours we have to keep in mind that the first and last hour of the day are such weak sunlight that it might as well be dark outside as far as the plant is concerned.

Every year we seem to find messages being posted where the outdoor grower is asking why their plants are starting to flower by the middle of August when the astronomical daylight is approximately 14 hours. Or, some of the recent discussions here about when to transplant to the outside in the spring. The common recommendation is that it is best to wait until the middle or end of May to avoid the plants starting to go into flowering. The same sort of thing is happening now. There is not enough strong light at the beginning and end of the day to provide the 12 plus hours of quality light that will cause the plant to go back into a vegetative stage. The plants will not go back into a vegetative stage until there is almost 14 hours between sunrise and sunset.

Check out the 1st chart in this link as to how much good light is available at dawn and sunset. The often recommended level is 15,000 lux minimum up to 50,000 for vegetating. Sunrise and sunset are not even close enough for the recommended levels for seedlings or cuttings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight

Growing outdoors in the sunlight is a lot different than growing inside where we us artificial lights and they can be turned on at full strength without an hour long period where the strength of the light slowly increases to full power.

The other option would be to increase the dark period to say 14 hrs, hoping to hasten things up.
It does not seem to work that way. The gardener seems to be stuck with an average of 8 weeks or longer; sometimes up to 12 weeks for mature buds. And some have gone even longer than 12 with their indoor growing.

You have one plant at 7 weeks into flowering and the other is 6 weeks into flowering. If you want a minimum of 8 weeks of flowering then one plant will be ready in a week and the other in 2 weeks.

But, outdoor growing being what it is, keeping them going for a couple more weeks could help with the plant producing more trichomes and larger buds.

Even with March 21st being the first day of Spring and having an astronomical daylight of 12 hours we have to keep in mind that the first and last hour of the day are such weak sunlight that it might as well be dark outside as far as the plant is concerned.

Every year we seem to find messages being posted where the outdoor grower is asking why their plants are starting to flower by the middle of August when the astronomical daylight is approximately 14 hours. Or, some of the recent discussions here about when to transplant to the outside in the spring. The common recommendation is that it is best to wait until the middle or end of May to avoid the plants starting to go into flowering. The same sort of thing is happening now. There is not enough strong light at the beginning and end of the day to provide the 12 plus hours of quality light that will cause the plant to go back into a vegetative stage. The plants will not go back into a vegetative stage until there is almost 14 hours between sunrise and sunset.

Check out the 1st chart in this link as to how much good light is available at dawn and sunset. The often recommended level is 15,000 lux minimum up to 50,000 for vegetating. Sunrise and sunset are not even close enough for the recommended levels for seedlings or cuttings.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight

Growing outdoors in the sunlight is a lot different than growing inside where we us artificial lights and they can be turned on at full strength without an hour long period where the strength of the light slowly increases to full power.

It does not seem to work that way. The gardener seems to be stuck with an average of 8 weeks or longer; sometimes up to 12 weeks for mature buds. And some have gone even longer than 12 with their indoor growing.
For reasons he’s best unstated, I want to harvest the plant latest by 03rd Mar 2022. Fingers crossed!

My photoperiod landrace is about 8 weeks old and about 10 nodes long(topped once). It has shown pistils last week and is on a 18/6 cycle currently.
I have other photos and autos growing in my tent.
Currently, sunrise to sunset is about 11 hrs at my location. Can I move the landrace outdoors and let it flip naturally?

I’ll have less than 12 hrs daylight for another month or so. After that, summer kicks in.
If weather permits u to put.her outside go for it keep her fead. Good.

Back
Top Bottom