Need flipping advice

guerrillabalconygrower

My photoperiod landrace is about 8 weeks old and about 10 nodes long(topped once). It has shown pistils last week and is on a 18/6 cycle currently.
I have other photos and autos growing in my tent.
Currently, sunrise to sunset is about 11 hrs at my location. Can I move the landrace outdoors and let it flip naturally?

I’ll have less than 12 hrs daylight for another month or so. After that, summer kicks in.

Yeah that should do fine. The drop from 18 to 11 hours light will get them stretching and flowering. In the southern hemisphere (on the tip of Africa) stretch has started pretty much on the 1st Jan. Hope that helps and good luck.
Which landrace are you growing? Pretty much all I grow so curious.

Currently, sunrise to sunset is about 11 hrs at my location. Can I move the landrace outdoors and let it flip naturally?

I’ll have less than 12 hrs daylight for another month or so. After that, summer kicks in.
When you say that you currently have less than 12 hours of daylight and in a month summer kicks in does that mean that the days will be continuing to get longer?

If so, the the plant will start to flower when you put it outside where it will be getting 12 hours or less of bright sunlight.

Then as the days continue to get longer it will then start to revert back to a vegetating stage of growth, probably in about a month to 6 weeks.

My photoperiod landrace is about 8 weeks old and about 10 nodes long(topped once). It has shown pistils last week and is on a 18/6 cycle currently.
I have other photos and autos growing in my tent.

IF weather permitting !! move it - transplnty it - forget it - let mother nature take care of it - what type of stai are you talking about - Oh I see it - Malane Cream _-most defintely being it's a 100% sativa strain

Landrace sativa ? Will be a third through flower before autumn comes around. I've just had something similar happen with landrace sativas and they made it out of reveg literally a week before stretch. Never mind it being a pain in the butt to clean each branch up repeatedly to promote regular growth.
Better to keep her inside until autumn or provide darkness a few hours earlier to keep her in flower at the end of her run.

When you say that you currently have less than 12 hours of daylight and in a month summer kicks in does that mean that the days will be continuing to get longer?

If so, the the plant will start to flower when you put it outside where it will be getting 12 hours or less of bright sunlight.

Then as the days continue to get longer it will then start to revert back to a vegetating stage of growth, probably in about a month to 6 weeks.

Sunlight will be 12 hrs each day beginning summer equinox ie around March 21. I think it would be better if I just cover it up at 7pm and expose it again at 7 am everyday.

I’m using a Ikea Vuku wardrobe as a tent. Hence don’t have a light proof tent where I can just set the timer for 12hrs and forget.

4511B0DA-1C39-43C6-A2D7-8E756886A916.jpeg

If I was you, I'd just change the tent hours to 12/12. I don't know what your current outdoor temps are, but, if it's still chilly outside you'll slow the growth down a lot, and then of course you've got the re-veg issue too when the light period increases.

If I was you, I'd just change the tent hours to 12/12. I don't know what your current outdoor temps are, but, if it's still chilly outside you'll slow the growth down a lot, and then of course you've got the re-veg issue too when the light period increases.
Outside temp are fine. Min is 65F, max is 86F. I’m worried about light leak into the tent. Won’t be able to provide COMPLETE darkness indoors without actually covering it up with a cardboard box or something

Sunlight will be 12 hrs each day beginning summer equinox ie around March 21. I think it would be better if I just cover it up at 7pm and expose it again at 7 am everyday.
I was wondering about that since summer (March 21st) is at least three months away and not a month as you mentioned.

Keep in mind that the times given for sunrise and sunset are astronomy times. For us, who are growing photo or light sensitive plants we should consider that the 1st hour after sunrise and the last hour before sunset are not strong light. For all practical purposes we could consider those hours to also be dark enough to start the hormones that control flowering.

We often will see messages coming from US and Northern Hemisphere growers who say their outdoor plants have started flowering even though their sunrise to sunset times are 14 hours long. That first and last hour just are not bright or strong enough.

I was wondering about that since summer (March 21st) is at least three months away and not a month as you mentioned.

Keep in mind that the times given for sunrise and sunset are astronomy times. For us, who are growing photo or light sensitive plants we should consider that the 1st hour after sunrise and the last hour before sunset are not strong light. For all practical purposes we could consider those hours to also be dark enough to start the hormones that control flowering.

We often will see messages coming from US and Northern Hemisphere growers who say their outdoor plants have started flowering even though their sunrise to sunset times are 14 hours long. That first and last hour just are not bright or strong enough.
Ya actually 2 months+ away but the last 15 days of those, astronomical daylight is about 11hrs 45 mins. So I sort of discounted those. But going by your theory, I have a clear 2 months for the flowering phase. Will continue it outdoors and observe.

I’m using a Ikea Vuku wardrobe as a tent. Hence don’t have a light proof tent where I can just set the timer for 12hrs and forget.

4511B0DA-1C39-43C6-A2D7-8E756886A916.jpeg
how do they handel heat ? - they look great but a possible fire hazard

Ya actually 2 months+ away but the last 15 days of those, astronomical daylight is about 11hrs 45 mins. So I sort of discounted those. But going by your theory, I have a clear 2 months for the flowering phase. Will continue it outdoors and observe.
I was thinking about that yesterday and wondering if it would actually work. You are in a warm climate if I am remembering right so not much problem as far as the weather turning cold. Go for it and keep us up to date. Don't forget a photo every now and then.

The only downside I can see is that as the days get longer there will be less 'dark' time for the plant to produce a decent amount of the hormones that cause flowering.

I was thinking about that yesterday and wondering if it would actually work. You are in a warm climate if I am remembering right so not much problem as far as the weather turning cold. Go for it and keep us up to date. Don't forget a photo every now and then.

The only downside I can see is that as the days get longer there will be less 'dark' time for the plant to produce a decent amount of the hormones that cause flowering.
Day 1 of flip. Currently just covering it up for 12hrs (slightly over) to induce flowering.
Potted in organic soil amended with perlite, manure, vermicompost, orange peel powder and bone meal powder. Feed it with Seaweed extract and organic bloom supplement once a week or so.

8F277D86-1649-4E08-9FA8-955CE7733A34.jpeg

50B97490-4D8F-4CA8-AF95-3D3F5F495F31.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom