Pre flower vs full flower

Tim1990

420 Member
hi all. new to the site, unsure if im posting in correct area or not, patience would be appreciated :)
i am growing outdoor in soil and light is progressing currently from around 12-12.75 hrs over the past month or so and is still going up (in aust we get bout 14 hrs before the soltice).
my 2 plants are roughly 6 weeks old since i planted the seeds (unknown strain)
can someone please give some advice on the following..

Q1: 1 of my plants particularly after being topped has started growing pistils within 1 week (woo!) and there are roughly 2-4 pistils max but they are only at the top 1-2 nodes and the distance between the nodes has shrunk alot. seems to still be getting bigger veg wise by the looks. just wondering if they are pre flowers only or is the plant about to start flowering way earlier than it should?
my other plant is also a female (also has pre flowers x2) and topped about 1 week after and does not seem to be doing the same thing?
the plants do look slightly different seems they were topped at different times (theyre both from the same bag seed) :p attempted to fim the later topped plant but it kept growing as a single stem even though i cut off about 80% of the new growth and had shorter node distance where the pistils were and i had to top it again to avoid it staying as 1 stem.
Q2: where is the most common pre flower locations? top of plant? half way down?
Q3: where is the most common location full flower begins at? top, half way ect?
cant work out how to correctly upload the photos to my post so will have to try answer
thanks for your help

Hi Tim, and welcome. :)

Yes, you're posting in the right area.
Photos: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Questions to answer: How to Ask for Grow Support

> light is progressing currently from around 12-12.75 hrs over the past month or so and is still going up (in aust we get bout 14 hrs before the soltice).
The celestial mechanics are confusing me. If your daylight hours are increasing, you must be in the southern hemisphere, right? But if you were getting 14 hours a day in August and 12 now, you'd be in the northern hemisphere...

Q1: When you say "started growing pistils, I'm guessing you're seeing preflower pistils at the nodes and not actual flowers. So the plants are maturing. I think that's about all you can say at this point. Growing outdoors, you don't have control over the light cycle so just take good care of them and see what God provides. ;)

Q2: I don't know generally. Mine seem to start near the top but that could be variable. It shouldn't really matter. Preflowers and flowers are different things.

Q3: Flowers form at the apexes of the branches when the flowering hormones change the growth there from making more leaves to making flowers. You'll know that's happening when the tips start making feathery little leaves, often slightly lighter in color.

Again, none of this is under your control, so just take good care of your plant and let her do her thing. Patience... ;)

Sweet as. Thanks for your reply, very helpful Sounds like could still be in veg seems its not pumpin out flowers yet, will sus it n see what happens in a week or so
I am in australia? Unsure what hemisphere.
Was 12 hrs light last month now is bout 12.75 and is slowly moving towards 14 hrs in roughly 3 months time

Back
Top Bottom