Autoflower = headache weed?

Tokist

i mentioned autoflowering to a buddy grower of mine and he told me to steer clear of that stuff.

"that shit's mixed with that ruderalis crap or some such. that's that weed that you smoke and it dont get you high, jus gives you a damn headache. i grew some of them lowryder bullshits a few years ago and i tell you what, brother. biggest waste of money ever."

umm... what?

Your friend does'nt know what he's talking about ...........:420:

Your friend does'nt know what he's talking about ...........:420:

that must be one of those comments that's for entertainment purposes.

my friend has been growing weed since before most of the members here were born. i'll put more stock into what he said than what you just said. unless of course you can provide me with definitive information to the contrary. having never smoked it myself, cant say.

im also keeping in mind that he tried it back when lowryder was making its debut. and i can imagine the very first mainstream autoflower probably was a bit shitty compared to a purebred.

i suppose my question is... is it STILL that way?

im also keeping in mind that he tried it back when lowryder was making its debut. and i can imagine the very first mainstream autoflower probably was a bit shitty compared to a purebred.

i suppose my question is... is it STILL that way?

Exactly, and no its not.......

so your original statement was an error then. my friend DID know what he was talking about.

which means you were wrong. therefore, it can safely be assumed that your last comment could also be wrong.

perhaps someone with something useful to contribute can provide more information. i ask that you refrain from replies, as they seem a little condescending and unhelpful.

Lol ............ Have your friend try some autos, alot has changed over the years, Autos can produce some of the best medicine out there.......:peace:

eeeeeyyy!

he's retired, unfortunately. extremely old fashioned, very set in his ways. but he's got the greenest damn thumb out there.

i wanted to try autos because of their small stature and fast grow cycle. they seem to be geared towards people with my environs, but when i heard it was just glorified headache weed, i got a bit worried. i've smoked that ruderalis before and it's no fun.

i know that people will believe what their heroes tell them, and if one of the top dawgs in this forum started saying that ruderalis was badass weed, half the newbies would sing their praises and preach the same thing. i first notice that phenomenon when i bought cervantes grow bible at the recommendation of just about everyone here.

turns out his book is a pile of hot garbage.

so when i see a bunch of people growing stuff mixed with headache weed and singing its praises, i really have to wonder, "are they for real or are they just regurgitating what their heroes said in another post?"

i guess perhaps my next expense will be trying them out. can you recommend a nice, potent strain? which ones have you grown?

I am also retired, alot has changed over the past 35 years or so, at the moment im growing some biodiesel and some Kush autos,
I also have some regular Blue Mystic feminized going, Lowrider, BlueMystic, NorthenLights, or some of the Berry auto products are good choices.
But i ushally go with an Indica or Sativa, or a mixture of both, just my preference, theres alot to choose from....:peace:

As a side note, there are many more people on this forum that know mutch more than i will ever know.
I enjoy following along with the journals and other topics, i only grow in soil, just what im used to, although hydro does look intresting........:peace:

yea, you'll notice i have a join date of 2008 but only a hundred or so posts. i love to read journals. mostly just the first timers. i tend to learn more from their mistakes. my first real attempt back in the day failed because i only read the journals from the pros who never ran into problems (or if they did, they didnt log it in their grow log) so naturally, it looked easy.

i tried again a few months ago and failed miserably. i was way too confident. thought i knew it all. i realized pretty damn quick how wrong i was.

my current grow's in soil and it's going much better! these plants have humbled me.

Iv been a lurker for a few years now, so i thought it was time to sign up, should of done it sooner, oh well its all good....:nomo:

IM really not up with all that fancy stuff, from what ive read most will cut to split the tops,
all ive ever done is make sure the bud sites are open to the light by doing lite defol,,,

IM really not up with all that fancy stuff, from what ive read most will cut to split the tops,
all ive ever done is make sure the bud sites are open to the light by doing lite defol,,,

That's actually another topic I could use advice on. You think it's alright for me to cut some of the fan leaves so my plants don't have a 12 inch girth? Or is that somethin I ought ta wait on?

I let them grow until basically time to flower, the only leaves i cut are the ones close to the soil, we;ve seen some people
strip there plants, but they need leaves to make energy, just me tho....
Nice plants...:thumb:

Hey man whats goin on? I'm not here to tell you your buddy was right or wrong, but I do remember when JD first put out the ORIGINAL lowryder and I will say from MY experience that the potency was NOT there...I think at that time his main concern was for at least 99% of his seeds carried over the full autoflowering trait. That was almost 15yrs ago, they've been working on breeding in the potency for some time now. But there are still quite a few bummers out there so beware. Mikromachine Auto and auto sweet tooth were crap (for me), but I'm not kidding around when I say Afghan Kush Ryder was pretty potent (a lil bit on the expensive side though, In autos I think reg beans should be more expensive due to the breeding capabilities)...It did have a Nice pungent, peppery skunk smell, with a nice fruity-hash taste. Uniform results, 100% germ rate...Just look for some honest reviews, not someone trying to market their product.

so your original statement was an error then. my friend DID know what he was talking about.

which means you were wrong. therefore, it can safely be assumed that your last comment could also be wrong.

perhaps someone with something useful to contribute can provide more information. i ask that you refrain from replies, as they seem a little condescending and unhelpful.
you seem to have a bit of an attitude and i usually refrain from helping those with attitudes.However autoflowers are now decent producers and make some really fine bud.

friends who give advice about grow probably knowing fuck all give me a headache. Years ago they were terrible nd im a bit old fashioned so have never been an auto or fem fan, however massive strides have been taken with these girls. Im sad to say but autos may be the future of amateur growers. Im seeing pretty good results with modern auto fem but still prefer original. I have been sampling some autofem cheese exterior and i got through a bucket of the shit, if it gives u a headache i think id have one by now. On the other hand i would say it plays the same tune in your head after a few days so i recommend switching between 2 or 3 strains. I think is important to bank off the genetics now as soon autos will rule the market and diversity will suffer.

i mentioned autoflowering to a buddy grower of mine and he told me to steer clear of that stuff.

"that shit's mixed with that ruderalis crap or some such. that's that weed that you smoke and it dont get you high, jus gives you a damn headache. i grew some of them lowryder bullshits a few years ago and i tell you what, brother. biggest waste of money ever."

umm... what?

No its not.

I have been growing and smoking various Auot's and I have and do smoke some of the finest Chiva available regularly. Autos are not headache weed. They are very very good.

I am lucky and I have access to some dank dank weed. Ive been smoking for 20+years. Started on 'reggie'. Autos are alot better than reggie. Damn near as good as the top notch I get. Considering I grew it, and Im not a great grower, it wasnt even at peak potency.

Autoflowers are good stinky, sticky smoke my friend. :thumb:

And you are correct, the first autos were alot less potent and unpredictable. I grew a strain that only lists THC at 15% but it may be the highest cbd levels I ever smoked. Jell-o weed for my back. :):)

Back
Top Bottom