Medium 60% Coco 40% Clay Balls
Ppm 600
PH 5.8
RH 55%
Room Temp 29o C
Solution Temp 25oC
Room Size 10'x15'
Pests None

Ok, just to reiterate, this is an autoflower and my 1st attempt with autos, I know the room conditions are ok as I have some very healthy Dina-fem KushnCheese growing along side these autos.
I started them in rockwool blocks, giving an 8th of reccomended nutes, 1st few days the growth was very good but then the lower fan leaves started developing what can only be described as grey scale, almost like rust on steel, I wondered if perhaps it was nute burn so flushed with water for 3 days but with no improvement, growth was still fairly good but the leaves that got the 'rust' 1st are now yellowing and drying out, there is some purple on 2 of the plants stems, being a red version of Big Devil, this could be normal.
I guessed as flushing made no difference perhaps it was a Nitrogen deficiency so I upped the nutes to a quarter then half the reccomended nute dose but the problem still persists.
When the 1st roots showed through the rockwool I put them in the coco mix and this seems to have shocked them into much slower growth, the growing tips are a good healthy colour but as they age they develop the grey rust then yellow and start drying and curling under.
I have since read a few posts where people say do not feed autos until week 6 so could the light feeding I gave them in their 1st days be the cause ? Ive never seen anything like this, I have looked through all the threads on plant problems, pictorials etc & the closest thing I can find is Nitrogen deficiency but I cant believe that as I am using a balanced feed, a feed I have used succesfully for a few years so I am stumped. What on Earth is the problem ?
I apologise for not posting and photos, I am new to this forum malarky so havent yet figured out how to yet.
I would very appreciate any help on this, I like the idea of autos now they have improved but I am obviously doing something detrimental to autos whereas my method works fine on normal strains.
Thanks Folks.

from what i have read, they are over watered, take them out of their pots, GENTLY remove dirt/mud from the roots and replant in new dry soil with NO nutes, water LIGHTLY and give them a few days before you water again. pics would be easier to tell, but from the description, this is most likely the problem

Autos do seem to be much more sensitive to nutrients and heat than photo-strains.

It may have been the early feeding, I fed nil by water except superthrive for the first 6 weeks

and had no nutrient stress until I started feeding them.

As for photos,

Read this: Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I use picasa to export my pics in 640 pixels. then they are small and easily uploaded, but big enough for a screen.

Then go to gallery at the top left. Click. Drop down menu.

Click on upload photos.

Scroll to the bottom and click select photos. then pick your pics.

Click ok and then upload,

they will then be processed.

Click Process.

You should now be in your Gallery and can navagate through your pics.

:)

Thanks for the replies folks, its not overwatering, I have treated these plants the same as all the plants Ive grown and I dont have overwatering problems with other plants, plus theyre in a coco mix which makes it near impossible to overwater & when they were in rockwool they were only watered when the rockwool had dried a fair bit.
I agree ricorico, I think it must be a nute problem associated with autos.
I know many people still swear autos are not worth the time but there are good reports out there now so I feel they are worth the effort, I guess it must be due to the fact they have a predetermined life span (any Blade-Runner fans ?) so perhaps do not require any food until they have dropped their cotyledons.
I suppose my best bet will be to flush them and not use any further feed for a few weeks.
I know the trouble is now that due to this hiccup they will never reach their full potential due to their short lifespan but I shall keep them going as a test bed if nothing else.
Thanks again

Thanks for the replies folks, its not overwatering, I have treated these plants the same as all the plants Ive grown and I dont have overwatering problems with other plants, plus theyre in a coco mix which makes it near impossible to overwater & when they were in rockwool they were only watered when the rockwool had dried a fair bit.
I agree ricorico, I think it must be a nute problem associated with autos.
I know many people still swear autos are not worth the time but there are good reports out there now so I feel they are worth the effort, I guess it must be due to the fact they have a predetermined life span (any Blade-Runner fans ?) so perhaps do not require any food until they have dropped their cotyledons.
I suppose my best bet will be to flush them and not use any further feed for a few weeks.
I know the trouble is now that due to this hiccup they will never reach their full potential due to their short lifespan but I shall keep them going as a test bed if nothing else.
Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom