Autoflower Seedlings Behind?

oldblue13

420 Member
Hi All,

I am trying my first grow of 2 autoflowers 420 fast bud autoflower Stardawg and 1 Purple Lemonade.

Enviroment: Humidity 60-70%, Temp 20 degrees, light 16 inches away and on for 24 hours. Two vents open, two clip on fans which I run one constantly and turn the other on for a couple of hours to help strengthen the stem's.

I am into my third week and very much just in the seedling phase, all my seedlings have their cotyledon's and their first set of true leaves coming through (Stardawgs are tiny). They are growing just when comparing to some of the autoflower seed to harvest videos I've watched - very slowly.

Watering - I am letting the coco run nearly dry before feeding, added no nutes other than a 1/4 of rizo in one of the feeds last week to see if it helped (didn't really).

I did have issues with all three being leggy initially, only had to repot one of the Stardawg seed's and the other two seemed fine at the time so I just left them.

The other Stardawg seed got stuck in it's helmet when sprouting and I may of left it too late to rescue her as she definitely looks the weakest of the three.

I guess my question is - should I be concerned? Is it normal to be in my third week and have such small growth?

Thanks, Blue.

Pink Lemonade.jpg

Repotted Star Dawg 2.jpg

Helmet Star Dawg 1.jpg

you should be feeding a small feed every day ,
you should not let coco dry out , I do 50% dry first few weeks
the ph should be from 5.6 to 6.0 for hydro as coco is classed as hydro
Also you need to check your coco has been washed and nutrient buffered, it will say on the label . If not you can get into all sorts of misses and lock outs , its very small and you will have a small auto if not corrected soon , There is a part on the forum for coco growing , try visit there and someone will help you out better

you should be feeding a small feed every day ,
Also you need to check your coco has been washed and nutrient buffered, it will say on the label . If not you can get into all sorts of misses and lock outs , its very small and you will have a small auto if not corrected soon , There is a part on the forum for coco growing , try visit there and someone will help you out better
Thanks man - I did google the Coco before purchasing on the buffer and it's the CANNA Pro Plus, did say it was fully buffered.

Would you be feeding them nutrients at this stage then?

I have been giving them around a litre of water every 3 days, assuming now this is nowhere near enough? I'm PH'ing everything at this point including the humidifier as I've been worried about killing them off.

Thanks for the help!

If you have other seeds id go ahead and start over.
It is very unlikely that these will get much larger than your thumb.
Coco needs to be moist at all times, never allowed to dry out at all.
Need to water every day with a 1/4 strength nutrient solution pH'd to around 5.8.
Ahhh damn :( . Thanks for the info man, I'll look at picking up some new seeds. The coco has never been completely dry but for sure I haven't kept it moist all the time.

If the autos are long running you still stand a little chance , or keep these and practise , you don't have to water daily not at that size , When they are older yes daily to 3 times daily

The dawg has ten weeks flowering so maybe you might get something out or them
Cheers man. I've ordered some fresh seeds so will see how these ladies get on in the next week, gutted I've messed it up though.

This is where I'm having issues, I've been giving each seedling around half a litre ph'd water every 2-3 days once the top inch is feeling somewhat dry. This was based of a post from a different forum where they were saying in Coco as a seedling you need to let the Coco dry out to around 80% before re watering. So they've always had some moisture just assuming no way near enough.

Also with nutes I've read absolutely no nutes in Coco for the first two weeks then I've also seen posts where they have given nutes from the word go.

Currently I'm still really confused with the best way to water/feed in the first couple weeks, but I've obviously done something wrong lol.

Cheers man. I've ordered some fresh seeds so will see how these ladies get on in the next week, gutted I've messed it up though.

This is where I'm having issues, I've been giving each seedling around half a litre ph'd water every 2-3 days once the top inch is feeling somewhat dry. This was based of a post from a different forum where they were saying in Coco as a seedling you need to let the Coco dry out to around 80% before re watering. So they've always had some moisture just assuming no way near enough.

Also with nutes I've read absolutely no nutes in Coco for the first two weeks then I've also seen posts where they have given nutes from the word go.

Currently I'm still really confused with the best way to water/feed in the first couple weeks, but I've obviously done something wrong lol.
I only really colour the water with nutes for a few weeks , just enough as coco has zero nutes , the coco you got is good stuff , I use it when I do a coco or two , you need calmag too but sometimes your tapwater has enough , I never used it much as my ferts contained some
Don't give up too easy my friend , it will happen , and its pretty straight forward coco , just don't over feed , have a little run off , keep ph in check , and bingo they will grow on their own

you should be feeding a small feed every day .. edit , other day when this small ,

Thanks so much man, disappointed but going to keep going. Ended up taking the pots out and seeing what the seedlings roots were like as I didn't transplant them into the 10 litre bags and they were pretty much running straight down, so thinking that impacted it as well.

Onwards and upwards...hopefully! Really appreciate the help.

Blue.

No problem , when they are small you can get away with watering less every couple of days , as they grow bigger water more , it helps to tease the roots down, as they dry a little the roots will follow the water down each time , a bit like the wet dry cycle in soil but not as dry as the soil/ soilless growers would go ,

I would suggest on your bean run that you get more fem photos and a few fem autos that way you have options. Some people are killing here with autos but an auto can easily be stunted as you are now finding out. One slip and it can be toast for yields on an auto but photoperiods will bounce back.

we can help you with vegging photos and when to flip / how to flip and all that stuff it’s real simple

Back
Top Bottom