Autos and regular in same grow

jthebp

Greetings and Salutations! Newb here, been lurking around for a while, mostly looking at the beautiful pictures of everyone's hard, loving work!!! Finally decided it was time to grow both the good herb as well as kitchen herbs, vegetables and microgreens. Obviously the latter items fall outside of the scope of this wonderful site, but I have two questions if anyone would be so kind...

1) From a sponsor of this wonderful site I have ordered three (3) kinds of beans: Trans Siberian Auto (65-70 days), 60 Day Lemon Auto (60 days :)), and White KC (no time specs given). I plan an indoor, semi-stealth, soil-based grow using a combination of 23 watt, 40 watt, and perhaps a couple of 100 watt CFL. All things being equal am I putting the Autos at risk by rooming them up with "regular seeds" (is that what we call them? regular?) that could go male? By "risk" I guess I mean make my autos hermaphroditic or unable to produce buds?

2) Among other things I have basil, cucumber, and a spinach rotation that I would like to continue growing year round down here in the basement. Am I risking the health of my girls, auto or otherwise by having them share space with a green pepper or an eggplant? I'm hoping that I could simply "plug" pots into my current setup, with the understanding that the girls would take up quite a bit more space than my collection of veggies bred for containers.

Thank you in advance!!!

FWIW, I plan on running autos and photos at the same time soon in the same tent. My plan is to start the autos on an 18/6 light schedule for 2-4 weeks. I have to see how long these ones I have going take to finish! Somewhere between 2-4 weeks in I am going to pop 2 photo plants and keep them in the same tent as autos STILL on 18/6. When the autos finish I should have a good 4-6 weeks of veg time on the photos. As soon as the autos finish I will flip to a 12/12 light cycle to flower my photo plants. It all sounds great in theory but we will see how it works out. By keeping photo plants at 18/6 till the autos are done you should minimize the risk of flowering a male and pollinating your autos!
OG79

FWIW, I plan on running autos and photos at the same time soon in the same tent. My plan is to start the autos on an 18/6 light schedule for 2-4 weeks. I have to see how long these ones I have going take to finish! Somewhere between 2-4 weeks in I am going to pop 2 photo plants and keep them in the same tent as autos STILL on 18/6. When the autos finish I should have a good 4-6 weeks of veg time on the photos. As soon as the autos finish I will flip to a 12/12 light cycle to flower my photo plants. It all sounds great in theory but we will see how it works out. By keeping photo plants at 18/6 till the autos are done you should minimize the risk of flowering a male and pollinating your autos!
OG79

Excellent plan to run both at the same time. Timing is everything.

+Reps

Back
Top Bottom