Bad experience?

randomgirl

I've been searching everywhere for someone with a similar experience, but havn't found anything. So here goes:

I was having a lonesome night, so I decided to smoke a small bowl and relax with a movie. I would consider myself an "experienced" smoker - smoked for about 5 yrs, regularly for about 2. So this was no big deal. I had a few drinks as well, but nothing over normal. So I enjoyed the movie and everything was great. By the time the movie was over, I noticed that I seemed unusally baked for how much I had smoked. I didn't think anything of it, and decided I needed to pee and go to bed. So made my way to the bathroom to pee. When I was done, I must have stood up too fast, as my vision started to go as it sometimes does when anyone stands up too fast. I steadied myself, then realized that my legs weren't going to support me. I fell to the floor, my vision and motor skills completly gone. I started convulsing, but might not have even known it if it wasn't for my head which kept banging against the closed door. I don't know if any/how much time passed after I stopped having this "mini-seizure" or whatever. At some point my vision came back and I stood up, very shaken but alright.

I had seen this happen to a guy in Amsterdamn - the woman working at the bar gave him sugar water. Remembering this, I grabbed a coke and headed for bed.

Anyone else had an experience like this? Did I do the right thing, or what should I do if this happens again? (also, what causes it? low blood sugar?)

Sounds like a blackout expeirence. I sometimes get that, when I hit the Gravity Bong, and stand up real fast to exhale. If it happens again with the convulsions, I would suggest you see a doctor about that.
As for what causes it, probably dehydration. Or something of that nature.

I get that sometimes when i take a huge hit and hold it in untill i almost black out lol
its fun when you learn to controll it

I dont know about your own experience that much but when they give you sugar water in Amsterdam it generally means that your greening out and the sugar does something to wear off the high (if anyone knows what it does scientifically please tell me).
If it happens again, i agree with Harvest, see a doctor.

Re: Bad experience?to GOOD

lack of oxygen to the brain in my opinion. did your vision completely go black, legs feel as if they are falling asleep?:jerkit:..i think regardless of the weed, it still would of happened..:cool: thats the whole point of the bowl or joint..:Rasta: :adore:

When you get high, your body needs sugar for some reason. When you don't have enuf in your system you get what happen to you. I hear it happens a lot when American tourists go to Amsterdam and get real high for their first time.

I've had something like that happen to me when I smoked too much really strong pot. I also thought I was gonna die, but it wore off and I was fine. Just about the same thing has happened to my friend too. I honestly don't think sugar water would help anything though.

Locke420, im not sure if the thing your talking about somehow relates to greening out (prob doesnt), but when your greening out sugar really helps. And dude, that is a really cool avatar as Hawker said!

Are you epileptic? Cuz Ive got epilepsy and I had a sezure once(not from smokin bud though) so that could be it. I remember one time recently I had a weird experience. I have been smokin for like 7 years now and this has never happened to me. So heres what happened, I was chillin at home in the garage burnin', parents out of town and shit then all of a sudden, I start freakin out. I was sweating like crazy and I felt all dizzy and freaked out for no reason. I had to go inside, grab a coke and lay down on the couch for a while. It was pretty fucked up.

Well, I had a really bad experiance when I was dehydrated (plus some post-traumatic stress from being busted). Went to the hospital I was freaking out so bad, I thought I was having a heart attack.

randomgirl said:
Thanks guys - yeah, it was probably due to not eating enough and being dehydrated. Well, I've learned!
:grinjoint:
I think you may have had low bloodsugar. You say you didn't have enough to eat. When you toke, your heart beats faster so you burn more sugar. It sounds like your body shut down long enough for you to relase some stored sugar. Another possibility is that you had to much oxygen. Where you hyper-ventilating just before you passed out? If you were, than that was just your body's natural reaction. If you hyper-ventilate than CO2 cant get out of your body so the body makes you stop breathing so the CO2 can get out. I have seen it happen to a guy who drank to much and it looks like a seizure when the body turns itself off. If it happens again you should see a doctor like someone else said. :peace:

^ Go out into the street, and start talking shit like you do all the time on these boards, hopefully you never come back.

That exact thing happened to me not too long ago. I felt like I was in a pernament head rush and I started to see a red and yellow hazy chainlink wall infront of me, no matter where I looked. I started to sweat and I felt like I needed to go to the hospital. Although I remembered I took something else that day. PM me for more info.

Back
Top Bottom