Bad soil has 7.2 and up pH regardless of flush!

I don’t think that soil would cause you any problems on it’s own, but it also won’t do anything for you

That soil has nutrients available in the form of organic matter...to become available nutrients for the plant it relies on the microbiology to break down the OM into nutrients

So if you don’t have a microbe population to break it down it won’t supply any nutrients for your plants, basically it’s just acting as a filler in your pot not really doing anything
Lol....so the opposite of what I was thinking. It's all good, I love the knowledge that you bring GOP. So the raised ph.... not a huge issue then? Not sure if vyserage has done a slurry test, but my good friend @Van Stank says that he never checks PH in his organic soil. Will the PH never come down then, or is it even relevant? Vyserage are you mixing anything into your soil for drainage?

So could my GH trio nutes be conflicting with the organic soil? I also add calmag each watering as of late.
I'm not familiar with GH products but if they are salt-based then they will kill the microbes and Organics in your soil. Ultimately at that point, the salt-based nutrients and the Cal mag take over as your source of food for your plants.

i mixed in perlite. Also i have both non organic soil in it as well as organic soil, i feed GH trio nutes every other watering, plus calmag. Im not treating my stuff like organic soil at all, i feed it myself. That could be the issue? Perhaps i should shake it all off and replant. I hate having to do that during the flowering stretch tho.

No I don’t believe that’s what the problem is....going out on a limb I’d say the 1 plant simply has access to more nutrients

Using the GH trio I’d say keep the 1 plant on the same nute feed and for the other 3 start increasing the dose until you find common ground

Are all 4 plants clones? Same strain?

No I don’t believe that’s what the problem is....going out on a limb I’d say the 1 plant simply has access to more nutrients

Using the GH trio I’d say keep the 1 plant on the same nute feed and for the other 3 start increasing the dose until you find common ground

Are all 4 plants clones? Same strain?

Interesting, ill give that a try, i didnt consider that. All 4 started from seed and had 60 days veg, flipped to flowering and its day 12 or 13. 3x are Sour Diesel and 1x Gorilla Glue #4. The pics i had to show the color difference was both sour diesel's in the front.

Lol....so the opposite of what I was thinking. It's all good, I love the knowledge that you bring GOP. So the raised ph.... not a huge issue then? Not sure if vyserage has done a slurry test, but my good friend @Van Stank says that he never checks PH in his organic soil. Will the PH never come down then, or is it even relevant? Vyserage are you mixing anything into your soil for drainage?

I wouldn’t consider it an organic grow so yes ph needs to be monitored and plays a pretty vital role

Okay guys, its Flower Day 20, stretch is or should be mostly done so i decided to test transplant 1 of the 3 bad soil plants. Here are 3 parts of video showing what i did. Lets see if the poor girl survives!

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

yep, i just did it and posted. I know they look good, but you're not seeing the color difference. Its way too light green just like the other 2. 1 of those remaining 2 is Gorila glue and its worse off with P deficiency (purple tips/edges on top leafs). The dmg hasnt been worsening too bad and i suspect this is because with the 1 galon soil around it, its pH should be lower so its able to absorb atleast SOME nutrients within that good soil but the 2 gallons of bad soil surrounding it means lots of roots arent eating correctly due to 7.1+ pH.

Okay guys so its been 9 days since the transfer to new soil for the plant in the front on the right side, and 7 days for the 2 plants in the back. I think the 9 day one doesnt look as bad as the other 2 so maybe its improving which would be a good sign. As you can see i have quite a bit of yellow leaves and on their way to pale.

What do you guys think i should do if they worsen, harvest early? Its day 29 in flower. It wouldnt be the best bud but it would be something i would just smoke myself, if it even hits lol. If i do harvest early due to plants continuing to decline, at what point should i decide 'ok its time to harvest' to prevent further bud decrease in quality? I'm hoping they improve but up to this point its been declining. Maybe if the 9 day one improves from here on thats the sign the others should start improving in a couple days from now. I'm assuming the roots were shocked so badly they refuse to eat anything, thus its eating off its fan leaves which dont look like there are much left lol. The buds have definitely continued to grow in size tho (again likely due to its eating nutes from fan leaves)

Back
Top Bottom