bannanas in buds?

Green-Back

I'm in my 6 week of flowering and just yesterday i noticed a couple bannana looking pods poking out a few of my buds. I'm thinking i have a tropic strain that grows buds an bannanas.Whats up with that? First grow. Would appreciate the help.:smokin:

OK I got a pic not a greatone hope it helps. If you follow the vain of the leaf my fingers is on an its right in the middle.

100_17111.JPG

yeah, i see it... try to pull that bannana before it gets bigger

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those are called nanners or bananas. Hate to be the bearer of bad new but, yeah they pop out and self pollinate the girls if its early in flowering. Alot of strains mostly hybrids tend to pop a nanner or two. Its a last attempt at continueing the life process for a female canna plant that is senseing her finishing time is coming up. I find this in more sativa dominite plants rather then indicas, but it happens to both. I clip them when I see them, or if its late in flowering and I know seeds wont produce I dont worry. In your case I would keep a close eye on them, or clip them to ensure you dont pollinate the rest of your garden
(Originally Posted By The Butcher
12-02-2009, 01:06 PM On Granny420 Grow Journal)

THANKS EVERYONE. I guess I'll be picking bananas for the next two weeks or so hopefully no longer. I just put 5 more in flowering room last week. 3 clones chronic,2 unknown bagseed.I'll be pissed if they git pollenated.
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE :joint:

So what should I do?? pick it NOW or try to pick bananas ?? If I pick it now it would be at least two weeks early an I want it to do the job. Is there any way to speed up the process??
I'm trying to pick all bananas I can git to but there are some branches I can't reach.So I know I'm not gitting all of them. It got a little bigger than I thought it was going to git. Should I flush?? How long ?? I'm doing hydro.:hmmmm::helpsmilie:

Back
Top Bottom