Barneby's "Lets Try This Again" Hempy Grow

Barneby1

Greetings everyone!

I started my 1st journal a while back and abandoned it because...well, i failed...and then i failed again with some clones...and NOW, i finally have some progress with another set of clones! (growing outside in phoenix is insta-fail. do not try it. sadface)

It's been about 4 months of trial and error to get to this point and i'm pleased with the progress so far, even though i know it could be better. Initially started the project outside. it failed. I built a grow box and put it in my garage. Turns out it was still too hot in the garage and the 1st set of clones also failed. Moved the box into my room, and BOOM goes the dynamite. Temps and humidity stabilized.

Project specs:
DIY growbox
42" tall - 36" wide - 18" deep (i should have gone bigger)
Lined with mylar
80 CFM bathroom fan
2.5gal Bato Buckets
Strain: Unknown (bought a variety pack of seeds)
Veg Cycle: 6x 26w 6500k CFL and 2x 26w 2700k CFL
Flowering: 6x 26w 2700k CFL and 2x 26w 6500k CFL
Also running a small cool air humidifier that is attatched to the intake

Also, Hempy grows seriously kick ass. I've only needed to water the ladies ONCE a week since i've transplanted them into the 2.5gal bato buckets. As a side note, i've been following the fox farms watering guide/schedule to the T. I'm sure many of you have seen it, i believe they come with any FF nute purchase.

Please feel free to toss any constructive criticism my way. I do wish to improve upon my project. Thanks for taking the time to check my grow out. it's gotten this far because of you!

These pics are 16 Days into flowering.

a613.jpg

a516.jpg

a228.jpg

a321.jpg

a135.jpg

a417.jpg

Re: Barneby's "lets try this shit again" hempy grow...

High Barneby1!

Boom goes the dynamite indeed! :grinjoint:! those are some mighty fine ladies you have there! I love your entire setup very well done! Keep up the good work, I'll be watching this grow!

ty chrome! i can't take credit for any of it though lol. Picked it all up from other peoples journals and put it to use!

anywho, time for more updates!

I think i'm going to have a problem in the very near future. i'm running out of grow space!!!!! I knew i should have built the box bigger. I've been bending the plants to try to keep them low but i'm going to be overlapping the plants too much if i keep doing that :( anyone know a way to halt verticle growth? They are only 3 weeks into flowering so i fear i may be shit out of luck here...

pics! lots of growth over the past few days. pistils have been popping up all over as well!:yahoo:

b128.jpg

b224.jpg

b321.jpg

b419.jpg

b516.jpg

High again!

I think your vertical Height issue may be a result of your lights being too high from the plants. With CFLs I recommend keeping the lights between 6 and 10 inches from the plants any higher and they will keep growing towards them any lower and they can burn. I find 6 to 7 inches is great to help keep growth slow. Besides that the first few weeks of flower your ladies are going to grow and grow. Its their flowering growth spurt. that should be slowing down to a halt for you.If not I would say try lowering your lights. that should do it, but keep an eye on them cause they will grow into your bulbs and burn them selfs.

Beautiful pictures btw!

Thanks again chrome!

You know i have noticed some stretching a few different places on the plants and never thought about the distance from the lights...figured i just needed more lumens in the box (i probably should get more light in there). Seeing as to how my lights are fixed on the wall i'll have to grab some books or something to prop the pots up a bit higher.

Also, the way i have my lights set up prevents me from using the dome reflectors. I've read about using Soda cans cut length-wise for CFL's but it doesn't seem like that the aluminum used would reflect that much light. I still have a little mylar left that i guess i could line the cans with...anyone have any ideas or heard of a different way for my kind of setup?

Wow Barneby, Good looking girls! You may have to raise the lites everyday for a week or so. We did, but them she seemed to level off. Will check back with you soon :)

Re: Barneby's "lets try this again" hempy grow...

couple new pics. Nothing much to report. Just following the schedule/feeding plans and watching em get nice and fluffy.

c119.jpg

c215.jpg

c317.jpg

ugh. been running into some problems. Mostly heat, but also getting some PH problems now...

using Botanicare Readygro as my growing medium (Botanicare ReadyGro is a specialized blend of perlite, coir fiber, compost accelerator, earthworm castings, Agrimineral 72 silica clay, polymere hydro-crystals and Rootshield bio-fungicide). and maybe i'm doing it wrong, but last week i was flushing the plants with PH'd water at 6.1 and the run-off was still coming out at 5.2. trying again this week with un-ph'd water at 7.4 and the run-off is still coming out at 5.5. do i need to go out and get an addative of some sort or ????

/sigh

5.5 is low on the run of, how ever it is not in a danger zone. remember plants live in the 5.5 to 7.0 range. 5.5 is low for your res Ph but it isn't dangerously low. How ever you do run the risk of lock out at those levels for some nuts. here is a handy graph I pulled off the web at some point.

nutrient_availability_ph.jpg

As you can see the most dangerous time to be at the 5.5 level is during flower, you run the risk of P and K lock out. never good in flower. I dont think you will run into this problem though. Also you don't want to jack up the PH before you ad it to your plants either. that would cause some serious harm. I think its your medium in general thats messing with your PH. Compost accelerator for instance often has PH balancers in it. this could be one of many ingredients in your mix causing the PH flux.In te future I would forgo something like this in a hempy rig. They really thrive best with as few things in them as possible. IE you dont want to over load a hempy with things that will break down and contribute to your environment beyond nutes(Osmocoteor hydro solution)) and vermiculite. Less is more with hempy.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom