Bathroom Grow with T5

Chobble

Howdy Everyone,

As the Summer harvest nears closer, I dont want to say goodbye to my favorite Hobby :D So I am planning on purchasing a 4x2 T5 Light and was wondering if you guys could help me out with the design for my Grow room. I am using a bedroom in my house's Studio (Converted Garage). The bathroom has a fan (The one in it is currently broke but Im going to fix that). I currently dont have a lot of money but I can afford the lights and a Two small honeywell fans at Costco (Quite the deal at 40$).

Bathroom.png

Now Like I said, Im looking to purchase a T5. Im wondering if it is a good idea to splurge on the 8 light 4x2 or if the 6 light is just as good?

Also can you only grow under the 8 sq feet directly under the light or is there any wiggle room?

I intend to remove the toilet (Specified in the picture) and hang the light from there and then eventually use the shower (The larger nook) and the cupboard for Clones and a mother.

Now, There is a fan on the ceiling that is broken, I am wondering if I can just make it a straight vent with a small Carbon filter, Point a fan at the hole and have another fan on my plants also blowing air towards the fan point towards the hole in the rough and get some Natural air exchange going. I was also wondering if I could pull air from under the door or If I needed a place to actually pull air through. Also would something like this work well?:
How To Make A Cheap Carbon Filter - YouTube

Am I missing anything?

Thank you!
Chobbs

Looks like you got it all covered. Go with the more T5 lights if you can afford it. Put a timer on that. Intake air can come from outside through the doors. T5 shouldn't produce a lot of heat like the HID lights. For carbon filter to work need to be attached to an inline fan which pulls air through the filter trapping odor in the process. Just a fan would not work as it does not have enough pressure. Do you have pics of the grow space?

Looks like you got it all covered. Go with the more T5 lights if you can afford it. Put a timer on that. Intake air can come from outside through the doors. T5 shouldn't produce a lot of heat like the HID lights. For carbon filter to work need to be attached to an inline fan which pulls air through the filter trapping odor in the process. Just a fan would not work as it does not have enough pressure. Do you have pics of the grow space?

Its currently full of stuff, I hope to clean it out tomorrow and I will post some pictures.

My flower room is our guest bathroom with a tub/shower that is our main light station. I use a 4 foot 6 Tube HydroFarm fixture there with some 45watt CFL side fills.

Feel free to check out my grow journal. I have photos of everything on the first few pages, and more updated setups later on. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

My flower room is our guest bathroom with a tub/shower that is our main light station. I use a 4 foot 6 Tube HydroFarm fixture there with some 45watt CFL side fills.

Feel free to check out my grow journal. I have photos of everything on the first few pages, and more updated setups later on. :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Will do. Thanks :p

Back
Top Bottom