Beginning Advice Required

Tarek N

Hi I'm Tarek and this is my first grow. I have planted 3 auto seedlings (moby dick, Bruce banner, purple kush) which have sprouted. It's a closet op using a phlizon 1000w cree cob. I filled 5 liter pots with pro mix amended with coconut fiber. What distance should MY light be from seedlings? How much does organic fertilizer affect taste/harshness? I think I'll LST, but considered topping one a couple times. Your thoughts would be appreciated.....

:welcome:

I have planted 3 auto seedlings (moby dick, Bruce banner, purple kush)
Welcome aboard.
You got lucky staggering into this thread.
Lots of help here.

I have planted 3 auto seedlings (moby dick, Bruce banner, purple kush)
Why start with the hardest genetics for a first grow? I have been teaching my grand daughter how to drive - I did NOT start her out in a Lamborgini, or a Mack truck. Nope, started her out with something easy ... a Toyota Corolla.

closet op using a phlizon 1000w cree cob. I filled 5 liter pots with pro mix amended with coconut fiber.
I like that. Good start. Good equipment.

What distance should MY light be from seedlings?
I've never done LED. There is a whole section of it here.

How much does organic fertilizer affect taste/harshness?
You're going to get a lot of different opinions about that. Taste is, well, a matter of taste, right? Do you like sardines on your pizza? I do. I don't use organics because I don't think that a plant can tell the difference between a molecule of Nitrogen that fell out of a cow's bladder (organic) or came out of a lab (non-organic).
I also don't use organics because it is much more difficult (see note above about keeping it simple and Mack trucks vs. Toyota Corollas.
I think I'll LST, but considered topping one a couple times.
Depends on genetics, if you are scrogging or sogging, and personal experience and tastes. I scrogg so I definately do LST, but I also super-crop and defoliate and FIM. And I grow Gorilla Glue indoors and THOSE girls need discipline. If I don't keep them in line they'll lift the roof right offa the building.

Keep reading. Read all you can. Adopt the practices that make the most sense to your style.

Also, I will add my standard advice to all new growers:
* Get and learn to use and why to use a Ph pen. Get a good one, the cheap one's don't last. BlueLab for $100.
* Get and learn to use and why to use a PPM pen. Get a cheap one and replace it every couple months. $20.

Welcome aboard.
Lots of help here.

Why start with the hardest genetics for a first grow? I have been teaching my grand daughter how to drive - I did NOT start her out in a Lamborgini, or a Mack truck. Nope, started her out with something easy ... a Toyota Corolla.

You're going to get a lot of different opinions about that. Taste is, well, a matter of taste, right? Do you like sardines on your pizza? I do. I don't use organics because I don't think that a plant can tell the difference between a molecule of Nitrogen that fell out of a cow's bladder (organic) or came out of a lab (non-organic).
I also don't use organics because it is much more difficult (see note above about keeping it simple and Mack trucks vs. Toyota Corollas.

Depends on genetics, if you are scrogging or sogging, and personal experience and tastes. I scrogg so I definately do LST, but I also super-crop and defoliate and FIM. And I grow Gorilla Glue indoors and THOSE girls need discipline. If I don't keep them in line they'll lift the roof right offa the building.

Keep reading. Read all you can. Adopt the practices that make the most sense to your style.

* Get and learn to use and why to use a Ph pen. Get a good one, the cheap one's don't last. BlueLab for $100.
* Get and learn to use and why to use a PPM pen. Get a cheap one and replace it every couple months. $20.
Welcome aboard.
Lots of help here.

I really want to know what fertilizer to start them on in.... a couple weeks right? I need to get a good veg fertilizer.

You're in just over 1 gallon of a peat and Coco mix which is going to be a problem in two ways.
One, that's just way too little space for roots and will make it much more difficult to water and feed nutrients, especially if the pot is not fabric.
Can you grow in a gallon of soil?
Yes, but why make it harder on yourself.
Two, is that autos don't like being transplanted, you can of course but depending on what kind of pot and how large the plant is it could be difficult to do it without causing several days of slowed growth.

If you're going to use bottled nutrients then I would go with straight Coco mixed with about 30% aeration like pumice in 4-5 gallon fabric pots and water everyday with about 1/4 strength nutrients.

If you want to go organic then use 15 gallon fabric pots with a Clackamas Coots soil recipe, use a thick mulch layer of something like barley straw and inoculate with mycorrhizae.
With an autoflower you should just be able to use plain water or maybe just add some coconut water to it.
And in general the totally organic grown bud is going to taste better as long as it's dried and cured properly.

Distance for your light will probably be about 36" for the first few days then start lowering.

Welcome to the forum @Tarek N :welcome:

I use Fox Farms soils, Ocean Forest mainly, and used the FF nutrient trio for awhile, but am now using Mega Crop and I must say, it's the best all around fertilizer I've ever used...but good luck, whatever you decide :thumb:

Welcome to the forum @Tarek N :welcome:

I use Fox Farms soils, Ocean Forest mainly, and used the FF nutrient trio for awhile, but am now using Mega Crop and I must say, it's the best all around fertilizer I've ever used...but good luck, whatever you decide :thumb:
Hey stranger...not seen u around lately. Good to see ya

Welcome aboard. This post really would work better for you in the FAQ section. Ya should go ahead n start a grow journal. Keeps everything together for ya and folks can help better.

Hi I'm Tarek and this is my first grow. I have planted 3 auto seedlings (moby dick, Bruce banner, purple kush) which have sprouted. It's a closet op using a phlizon 1000w cree cob. I filled 5 liter pots with pro mix amended with coconut fiber. What distance should MY light be from seedlings? How much does organic fertilizer affect taste/harshness? I think I'll LST, but considered topping one a couple times. Your thoughts would be appreciated.....
I know people are probably sick of seeing this... and it doesn’t benefit me at all to share it. I just think it’s cool as hell.

get a VegTrug monitor. It’s $30 on amazon. It measures every parameter.

Attachments

• 5CBF5348-C736-4203-9B79-E60F6E67252E.png
    5CBF5348-C736-4203-9B79-E60F6E67252E.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 477DF724-1A3D-480A-B088-23CA9A13403D.png
    477DF724-1A3D-480A-B088-23CA9A13403D.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • 638856A9-B605-4566-998F-38C926B99165.png
    638856A9-B605-4566-998F-38C926B99165.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DFFD020D-615B-4635-94CF-F9930C021D66.png
    DFFD020D-615B-4635-94CF-F9930C021D66.png
    199 KB · Views: 36
Good luck to you though! I’m new too. I’ve gotten a lot of help on here! My 3 bitches started the end of June. I had some issues, check my journal. It could be helpful.

Oh btw if you do start a journal... you can just click the beginning link to your journal and then go up to the web bar thing and copy the url (everything after and including http) and then paste it into the signature portion on your account page (you know? The place on you page where you can add info about yourself and all that bs.)

then people can just click your signature, which is on every comment you post for the rest of eternity. Unless you go back in and change it.

that’s why everyone on here has all that green shit after every post.

just an FYI.

Back
Top Bottom