Bell Syphon - Flood And Drain System

Nice work. You going to run the same system again?
With a slight modification i will use baskets in lids of buckets with clay balls in baskets instead of buckets full of clay balls and I will move reservoir outside of tent with the bell syphon above reservoir outside of the tent also , 4 grow buckets in 4x4 maybe 5x5 tent and im going to run second tent with SIP pots and see how that compares.

With a slight modification i will use baskets in lids of buckets with clay balls in baskets instead of buckets full of clay balls and I will move reservoir outside of tent with the bell syphon above reservoir outside of the tent also , 4 grow buckets in 4x4 maybe 5x5 tent and im going to run second tent with SIP pots and see how that compares.
Sounds real good mate!

I saw a setup when I was researching my aquaponics setup where the guy used one bell siphon for multiple tanks. The siphon was setup outside the grow beds with all of the individual beds connected to it. Seemed to work great and only one siphon to set rather than multiple.

Your's basically the same?

I saw a setup when I was researching my aquaponics setup where the guy used one bell siphon for multiple tanks. The siphon was setup outside the grow beds with all of the individual beds connected to it. Seemed to work great and only one siphon to set rather than multiple.

Your's basically the same?
Yes the same although I hadn't seen that set-up, just been brainstorming the idea.

If I recall correctly, each grow bed was on the same level with a drain at the bottom connected to a common pipe much like you'd see when plumbing multiple rain barrels together. That common pipe had the bell siphon at the end set to the appropriate height.

So, same concept as putting the bell in the bed itself, but by setting it outside he was able to plumb all the beds together. Pretty slick.

If I recall correctly, each grow bed was on the same level with a drain at the bottom connected to a common pipe much like you'd see when plumbing multiple rain barrels together. That common pipe had the bell siphon at the end set to the appropriate height.

So, same concept as putting the bell in the bed itself, but by setting it outside he was able to plumb all the beds together. Pretty slick.
Yep that's the plan 😊👍

This is what the bell syphon looks like ,for those unfamiliar with them.

SmartSelect_20230709-105949_Gallery.jpg
3D tech is a game changer.

All over it!

Back
Top Bottom