Benzodiazepine withdrawal

cloudsillusion

420 Member
Just wanted to ask if there's anyone here who used cannabis to help them wean off benzodiazepines (sleeping pills like Temazepam, anziolytics like Ativan, clonazepam, Xanax (alprazolam), valium, librium).

I took my last benzo 5 years ago after a gruelingly long 2 year taper. I wonder if it could have been shorter with cannabis.

There is a huge need for info on tapering benzos. They're the hardest drug to taper and leave people the most disabled after. I see there's a section for opioid tapering with the help of cannabis. It would be cool if we could have a similar section for benzos because the tapering schedule would be different, withdrawal symptoms somewhat different, and cannabis use possibly a bit different as well.

I used cannabis to get off of prescription sleeping aids. I don't smoke much so I make a tincture and find the dosage that works for me. For me I like the dosage to be just below where I get a slight buzz but not enough to create a high (which keeps me awake). My dosage is approximately 10 mg in 1/2 ml. It takes 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hour to kick in so one has to be patient.

I also found that supplementing it with melatonin or Benadryl can be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom