Getting off Benzos

NeuroDamaged2

I am on 3.5mg Clonazepam and need to get off it. Ashton manual is helpful for knowing what to cut down and when, but wondering if there’s any THC CBD medical combo that will help ease the side effects of going off.

Doctors never properly warned me about these drugs and my brain is fried. I need help but with Corona virus and incompetent or pharma complicit docs everywhere, it’s hard to find anyone knowledgeable about Benzos and getting off them.

Im starting to get tolerance withdrawal and scared to taper, 3.5mg is ALOT apparently.

I’m trying CBD oil 2000mg but it has zero effect. I don’t know what to do. My brain is getting more damaged over time and I’m becoming more confused, forgetful, no creativity, can’t think straight, etc.

I’m honestly scared and I’ve already attempted to take my life last year about six or seven times due to Akathesia, PSSD, benzo physical reliance, and cognitive issues among other issues. I wanna live but this is slowly heading towards the torture I experienced when I went cold turkey off 0.5mg Klonopin last fall.

Hi, I have been smoking a lot of weed (normal weed, not a CBD specific strain) when dealing with withdrawals from opioids and other medicals that give strong withdrawal symptoms - loads of weed! It helps in dealing with it, just keep smoking. I've always quit cold turkey and dealt with the suffering. I reckon it's better to suffer hard for a shorter time than to suffer less for a longer time. Last time I took Tramadol, after I broke my wrist, it took me about two weeks to be alright. It was all worth it, though. Those opioids are pure poison...
Good luck!

Please do NOT stop benzo's cold turkey. You could put yourself into a coma or cause a seizure if you stop benzo's cold turkey. If you already have seizures, clonazepam can be prescribed for seizures. It depends what you were prescribed the drugs for. Weed is usually better tho.

Taper off slowly. Drop 0.5mg for 3-8 weeks, then drop it again. It might take you 6 months, but better to do it safely. I was going to send you some websites to check out, except I still seem to be under the post limit so I can't yet. Do a search for "Clonazepam cold turkey" and you'll find a heap of websites on the dangers of quitting cold turkey, with some info on how to do it safely.

Please do NOT stop benzo's cold turkey. You could put yourself into a coma or cause a seizure if you stop benzo's cold turkey. If you already have seizures, clonazepam can be prescribed for seizures. It depends what you were prescribed the drugs for. Weed is usually better tho.

Taper off slowly. Drop 0.5mg for 3-5 weeks, then drop it again. It might take you 6 months, but better to do it safely. I'll send you some websites to check out, though you might have seen them already.

That's probably a better advice than mine.

So I went to detox in February for Klonopin I was supposed to take max 2mg a day but I loved being numb to the point where I didn’t feel a damn thing. 3 years later I was taking up to 7 mgs sometimes more a day. Towards the end of my run I began to ingest it other ways and that’s when I hit rock bottom. I went against everybody’s advice and checked into detox only in a program that had no idea what they were dealing with and they stopped it over 8 days and I wound up in a hospital having seizures,tremors, central nervous system damage. When people would ask me how I functioned on that many mgs a day I tell them I have no clue. It never put me to sleep I could still work I was just physically and mentally numb. So after leaving detox and the hospital I got real serious about strain specific weed and it has helped me tremendously not that I’m out of the woods yet though cause I’m still on detox meds for convulsions and tremors and anxiety but the pot has defiantly helped so much. Unfortunately I have had a slip up and used another benzo to help cope but full transparency with my psychiatrist has helped me not spiral out of control again. Defiantly high Cbd strains with some thc have been the best along with real heavy hitting Indica strains. I was never real into sativas but as of lately I have been smoking some strains and it has helped greatly with my manic episodes and depression

Back
Top Bottom