Best available soil for UK growers!

Henry998

Hi 420,

I'm just about to start my 2nd grow and i suddenly thought that since this time around i would be growing seeds that cost me money, rather than free seeds i would do a bit of research. I've looked through quite a bit of info around the subject but not really answered the question that i set out to.
As i presume that the seeds i have;
1 x northern lights
1 x skunk Xl
1 x shining silver haze
1 x critical
(all from RQS) will be more sensitive than the last lot of bagseed. Last time i used BB allmix all the way from seedling to harvest. I had no problems except a tiny bit of burn early on one plant. Ideally i would like to use 1 soil right through again for simplicity but this is not important. It looks like the main choices are BB, plant magic, canna or plagron (peoples opinions seem to vary with all these products). If anyone could give me some opinions on products they've used it would be greatly appreciated.

Do they not sell promix in the UK? Promix HP and BX, premixed with amendments for drainage, ph control and the BX with mycorrhizae which are supposed to help plants access nutrients easier.

The added ferts with john innes + other wilko/diy soil I've found have always been overdone or just doesn't contain the right nutes for cannabis, I'd go canna coco Terra if I was to go the soil route again... Just my personal opinion

I've used Biobizz allmix since day dot of growing my own & don't recall any problems.

In less certain strains are more sensitive to nutrients than others ?

But Biobizz is organic rated & it is pretty darn hard to get nutrient burn from organic based stuff...

I've heard of low RH - relative humidity causing problems with nutrient burn as the plant up takes more water in the dryness of the air which can lead to nutrient up take as well.

I don't general add grow nutrients in till 6 weeks later of veg with Biobizz allmix as it has more than enough nutrients with in it to support a plant for several weeks to which i only back up with a nutrient solution designed for root growth aka micro nutrient formulation these days with out problems.

Back
Top Bottom