Best height for greenhouse?

pointer80

Hello everybody, I am thinking about installing a 20x40 greenhouse for my outdoor cannabis grow and was wondering what would a good sidewall height be? I am looking at a gothic style top which all greenhouses go up in height as they go toward the middle. I plan on growing in the ground and my plants average around 7 feet tall so I definitely want some height inside. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks all.

My outdoor plants in the ground some are 14 feet tall. Of course you can train them. One of them of mine that's 14 feet was topped early to see what she wood do.

I was thinking about a greenhouse with raised beds.

To grow in soil you'd have to till the ground unless you already have a patch made up and then put the greenhouse over that patch right?

My outdoor plants in the ground some are 14 feet tall. Of course you can train them. One of them of mine that's 14 feet was topped early to see what she wood do.

I was thinking about a greenhouse with raised beds.

To grow in soil you'd have to till the ground unless you already have a patch made up and then put the greenhouse over that patch right?
i already have a spot that I am going to put the greenhouse over. I super crop my plants so they stay shorter and bush out. Thanks for the reply

Depends, some growers do a high tunnel which is a tall greenhouse and plants grow in the ground not in containers or raised beds. Do you have a tractor or access to one? Will you be using tractor to break up the ground each spring? A lot of greenhouses taper in height so the side walls are too short for tractor and most new tractors have ROPS roll over protective structure to protect the operator in case tractor turns over. On some tractors the ROPS can be lowered but on others it is a fixed height. I only mention this because it would suck to build a low greenhouse only to figure out the tractor won’t fit inside. Agree with bobrown - if possible plow the soil first & build greenhouse or high tunnel over that area.

Mmm perhaps a poly tunnel of some description most large scale ones offer plenty of height.

I think the only tough choice would be type of polythene you use... different types etc

Depends, some growers do a high tunnel which is a tall greenhouse and plants grow in the ground not in containers or raised beds. Do you have a tractor or access to one? Will you be using tractor to break up the ground each spring? A lot of greenhouses taper in height so the side walls are too short for tractor and most new tractors have ROPS roll over protective structure to protect the operator in case tractor turns over. On some tractors the ROPS can be lowered but on others it is a fixed height. I only mention this because it would suck to build a low greenhouse only to figure out the tractor won’t fit inside. Agree with bobrown - if possible plow the soil first & build greenhouse or high tunnel over that area.
My greenhouse area is only 20x40 and I am only going to be growing 8 plants inside of the greenhouse. I have a tractor but usually do most of my gardening with a wheelbarrow. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom