Tent Height Question: Just Getting Started.

zurple

I finally have my 2x4 tent, air filtration and light hung, so now I have some questions.

With the light all the way up, I have 69” between it and the floor. Timber shows the distance above the canopy at 18” and a 5 gallon bucket is 14’5” tall, so that leaves me with 36.5” of height available.

Is this going to be an adequate height to grow, or should I find a shorter bucket option?

I am doing DWC for my first attempt and I hope the 18” provided by Timber is correct. The light is 425 watts in the 35k spectrum – COB LED.

My seeds germinated this morning and I will be placing them in cubes this evening. Hopefully, they will be ready to place into the tent in a couple of days.

Thanks for any info or advice.

18" is about right, I've gone closer, dimmed down

I've been using 3.5gal buckets with great results. Always figured I'd up pot them to 5gal but never needed to

Just remember

Sativa can stretch 2-3x their height in flower, indica 1-2x

My sativa now are pushing 7', well where, I supercrop them yesterday

Are the square, 8 gallon buckets shorter? I can't seem to find measurements for them.
I thought about the 3 gallon, round, buckets. I was told the square units don't have issues with leaks around the grommets and etc.

I think grommet was the wrong term. I had considered getting the 3.5 gallon during veg, then throwing them over to the 5 gallon fro flowering. Thought I'd use less nutes with the smaller buckets.

Yeah mate you can grow no worries in 36 inches. My profile pic was only 26. Just means you'll have to do some sort of training to make them grow horizontally for veg. Keep them under 12 inches untill the flip and you should be fine as long as it's nothing too sativa leaning. Might struggle a bit with those but for indicas or 50/50 type strains it shouldn't be an issue at all :)

Since this is my first attempt, I'd be happy once they get an inch tall. lol

Mostly growing indica, maybe 75/25 strains.

Back
Top Bottom