Best kind of Fan?

lol, thanks!

I'm thinking either would be alright, if I can spend less so much the better I guess. Will be another couple weeks until I get my HID running and this becomes important.

Any suggestions for useful fans besides the ones listed (that can provide 245 cfm) would also be appreciated.

I have both types in my room now. The in-line centrifugal duct fan is better built i guess and a little more quiet then the squirrel cage. Only reason I got the centrifugal fan is because I needed a very high cfm fan for my carbon filter which put me into an in-line centifugal fan. I've basically had my centrifugal fan running almost non-stop for 3 years so far and still runs great. My squirrel cages work great too though.

I have both types in my room now. The in-line centrifugal duct fan is better built i guess and a little more quiet then the squirrel cage. Only reason I got the centrifugal fan is because I needed a very high cfm fan for my carbon filter which put me into an in-line centifugal fan. I've basically had my centrifugal fan running almost non-stop for 3 years so far and still runs great. My squirrel cages work great too though.

I see thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for. Basically I'm gonna go in to the store and see if they can demo them for me so I can judge the volume.

So you think the centrifugal fan is worth the extra money?

I use and in-line duct fan in my cabinet that is in my bedroom, its a little louder than my computer and I can sleep just fine while they are both on.

I use and in-line duct fan in my cabinet that is in my bedroom, its a little louder than my computer and I can sleep just fine while they are both on.

Hey, thanks.

Same question to you, if you were going to buy just one, would the centrifugal be worth the extra cash?

The squirrel cage fan mounts to the wall. Atleast the ones I have do. My fans secure to the wall with 4 screws. I cut a hole in the wall and the fan blows the air through it and out of the room. The con to this is that the fan vibrates a little bit. I can feel the vibration on the floor upstairs. If someone asks I usually say its either the blower for the house heater or the fish tank.

The in-line centrifugal fan doesn't have to mount to the wall or ceiling. It can sit on the floor or even be suspended from the ceiling eliminating any vibration. If cost is not an issue, I would suggest getting the centrifugal inline fan.

Right on, centrifugal is probably how i'll go then. Unless I can find a really good deal on a squirrel cage.

Back
Top Bottom