Best Material To Use As Reflector

Muttt

I have built a 3'x4'x6' tall grow box using a 600w MH/HPS and want to use a cool tube. The reflectors on the cool tubes are soooo lame I wanted to maximize my reflecting. I have the inside of the box painted with flat white house paint. I want to maximize my verticle space by mounting my light close to the ceiling. So, I want to mount something on the ceiling of the box that covers the entire ceiling ....... making it into one large reflector. It will also block some of the heat from the cool tube. Since the cool tube will have a carbon filter on one end and a 4 inch inline fan on the other, the heat shouldn't bee too bad, but I don't want too much heat against the ceiling since it's wood. I'm thinking of just using a piece of thin sheet metal and screwing it to the ceiling and letting it be the reflector. Would I be better off using that or something like a mirror??

Ever hear of the PIPELINE? It's a cool tube with a badass reflector (for once, lol)

Or if you must DIY then use Panda Paper

reflective insulation that is used on duct work is what i use. it reflects 98% of light. its like a durable flexible layer of plastic. white paint reflects approx. 76% of light.
wal mart sells it for 30 bucks a roll. but you can do your floors walls and ceiling w/ one roll and a roll off duct tape. and it'll block all light because its 1/8 inch thick.
emergency blankets are also a cheap alternative. hope this helps. sully:peace:

Cool

thanks guys

Cool

thanks guys

Paint the walls white, or line with Mylar. Make sure your light is adjustable to get it low to your plants, and use a cool tube in that inclosure, make sure there are air vents at the bottom and that the filter is near the top. Suck through the filter and push out of the enclosure.

You wont find that the cool tube generates enough heat if kept a few inches from the top of the enclosure, they get hot to touch but dont really emanate too much at the 400W level anyway.

The inside of the box is all painted flat white. I'm just going to try it without. If the heat is too high on the wood, I'll use a piece of that insulation as a reflector and heat sink.

Back
Top Bottom