Reflector question - need a new one

Surf420This

Whats up 420 community?!?! Right now Im using a cheap open maxwing reflector. I want to get a cool tube but not sure exactly what im looking for. My tent is 4x4x7....using a 600w MH during veg and 600w HPS for flower. Could I get some suggestions from you experienced growers alike? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Id like to get it before I put my new girls in flower...2 weeks away

Re: Reflector question....need a new one.

I would look for a cooltube that is flat white in color, the ducting is the same size as your ducting or your tent will accommodate the duct size, and the housing does not exceed the inner dimensions of your tent. You'll need to take the length of ducting connected to the cooltube into consideration as well.

In order to make the cool tube functional, you'll need a fan, ducting, and filter if desired.

FILTER == COOLTUBE == FAN == exhaust vent

Or without a filter:

COOLTUBE == FAN == exhaust vent

Thanks Antics. My tent is already set up with carbon filter, fan, and exhaust vent. Should I run a completely seperate setup for the cooltube? or just attach it to my current setup?

Thanks Antics. My tent is already set up with carbon filter, fan, and exhaust vent. Should I run a completely seperate setup for the cooltube? or just attach it to my current setup?

I see no reason to add costs by adding another fan at this point. I would add the cooltube right in with your existing setup.

Cool man thanks. Went with the Airoflow air cooled hood reflector. Got the setup done, any advise on what you all would do different for optimum performance?
20150305_143146.jpg
20150305_143158.jpg

sorry about the sideways photo, haven't figured out how to spin it upright yet. I didn't upload the photo like that but yet it still turned on me lol but you get the jist

"Got the setup done, any advise on what you all would do different for optimum performance? "

Besides adding more plants, you could try working a CO2 bag in there. I like light movers too, especially for HID. They make special tent hangers for hanging the rail inside your tent.

lol yeah I got a clone from a friend to experiment with until my seedlings were ready to move to this tent. moving them over on sunday. Total of 6 plants all together. I was actually just reading about adding CO2 but im just not familiar enough with the setup and how it works. but advice is always appreciated. Always looking to better my grow :) as far as light movers, a buddy of mine said you run the rish of damaging your plants if there is too much slack in ducting, not enough, or even tearing of the ducting. but once again, im open for anything given I get some info ;)

Back
Top Bottom