Need help with a heat question - A machine?

HigherTheHigh

Hello!

This is a question not many people would have probablys not heard before but here it goes.

Im running a 4x8 tent in a room with 2 600w hps lights in cool hood reflectors, but ill soon to have another 600w hps light in a cool hood reflector in there, they are on a 6" fan taking the heat out the room instantly.

QUESTION: is there a machine out there that i can put both exhausts into and it will cool the air?

The reason im asking is its coming to the winter and i dont want 2 exhausts blowing hot air out my window and i dont have a vent to put it out of.

IMG_20170906_164619.jpg

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Exhaust under the house? Into the sewer (people do it!) Up the chimney?

A "machine" (refrigeration unit) that can cool that much heat to ambient is going to cost a fortune to run! Heating the house with the heat sounds like the best option.

Exhaust inside the house to heat it during winter? :hmmmm:

i thought of that but its hot damp air that chance to give me damp in my house, already thought of that, this is the only think a can think of if there is such a thing.

i thought of that but its hot damp air that chance to give me damp in my house, already thought of that, this is the only think a can think of if there is such a thing.

It shouldn't be TOO damp. If it is, something might be wrong. Especially once you have big buds, you don't want high humidity in your tent...

It shouldn't be TOO damp. If it is, something might be wrong. Especially once you have big buds, you don't want high humidity in your tent...

Besides that, lol, most every house/apartment that I ever lived in had rather DRY air in the Winter. In fact, my current house has a humidifier attached to the furnace for adding moisture to the heated air it produces.

I cannot tell for sure, but it appear that you have set up your ventilation the intelligent way. That is to say, having a separate run solely for your lights, bringing in air from outside of the grow area, passing it through your lights, and exhausting it without letting that air come into contact with the general grow space's air. Assuming that is the case, that heated air should neither be humidified nor pick up any odor from the grow. So... yes, I'd definitely just exhaust it into your living space. After all, it seems silly to pay to cool heated air whilst at the same time paying to heat other air in the same residence, lol.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

So the reason i cant return it unto my home is iv tried this before with the same setup and i ended up getting damp and had to stop and put it back out the window.

Yes you are right soul i have 2 separate fans running, one for the lights and the other for my filter.

It works very well and i run at around 24-27c constant, i live in an area where it can get down to -15c so you can imagine why i dont want to run it out my window, and my home is open plan so i cant close doors ect.

Thanks everyone!

Vent it or condition it.

Could vent it all just make sure you use good back draft dampers.

Condition it
If it's a filter you can pull air through mount it before the lights and pull that "damp musky" air across your warm dry lights before dumping it into the house. Or conversely push warm dry air from the lights through the scrubber before exhausting. Quick relatively easy changes to try.

Add a dehumidifier$ / air conditioner$$ /or mini split$$$ into the house.

So the reason i cant return it unto my home is iv tried this before with the same setup and i ended up getting damp and had to stop and put it back out the window.

Yes you are right soul i have 2 separate fans running, one for the lights and the other for my filter.

Hey, wait a minute - that doesn't make sense (err... to ME).

With two separate ventilation runs like that, none of the grow room environment (air) should come into contact with the air you're passing through your hot lights. And, since that is the case, ZERO humidity should get added to that air - you're just heating air that has a given moisture content. Warmer air is capable of holding more moisture than colder air. Therefore, this air that gets heated but has no moisture content added to it... it's relative humidity should actually decrease.

The only time its RH should ever become higher than it started is if you're - for example - pulling in 25°C air to cool your lights, causing that air to become heated to 35°C... and then dumping the exhaust into a space that's only 15°C (at which point, the air cools off by way of giving up some of its heat to the "rest of the air," and its RH increases). You're not dealing with more moisture, but that could end up causing some issues. A few years ago, I could only barely afford to keep my house warm enough that the water in my house's pipes would not be very likely to freeze (as opposed to dropping the temperature a little more and almost certainly having swollen/burst pipes :icon_roll). But I did heat my bathroom a minimal amount that Winter, when I was going to be using the shower. Afterwards, I opened the bathroom door to allow the "hot" (was about 48°F / 8.89°C after I heated it and showered in there, lol) air to mix with the rest of the house. The moisture, of course, turned to fog and wet walls as the air carrying it mixed with the air in the hallway and cooled rapidly.

But you stated that you have an open floor plan, so I'm assuming that the space you're dumping this heated - but, again, not humidified with any additional moisture - into is roughly the same temperature as your intake air was before it passed through the lights. If anything, your "net" should be a tiny decrease in the overall RH of your home, since it'll heat it ever so slightly.

At least that's how it seems to me. I could be making some fundamental error in my understanding of physics and/or fluid dynamics here, I suppose. Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom