Best Strain For ScrOG

Stoobie

What up everyone, its been awhile since ive been on this site but im planning on setting up a 10 or 12 plant setup of scrog. What are good strains for screen of green, and also what setup would be the best for 12 plants?- 2x6 or 3x4??

no love from the 420 community :thanks:

You can scrog both Indicas and Sativas. The decision is based off of what smoke you like. However, when scrogging most growers opt to use an Indica strain. Here are some suggestions but any strain will work:

1. Northern Lights
2. Chronic
3. Sensi Star

I can't comment on your setup until you tell me about your lights and how they will be positioned.

Tell me more....

Strains that tend to branch out, respond well to LST or topping, and have stems that tend to flex rather than break are what you are looking for. I hesitate to give strain names because I am still pretty new. You can see by ScrOG via a link in my sig below.

As far as screen dimensions, it all has to do with access. You need to be able to reach every place under the screen with your hand so you can train the branches. If you can only access on side of the screen edge, then it is best to go with a 2 foot x (any length). If you can access all sides like 420fied could, then you can be 4 foot deep. My canopy only goes back like 2 1/2 feet and it was a bit of a challenge to train. Also, go with a screen that has holes at least 2 inches in diameter. My harvest will be challenging as my screen has only 1 inch holes.

thanks for the input you guys, ill start a journal when i start the grow in about 3 weeks. I'm thinking either Northern lights or Power Plant. well the area im using is about 12x12 and i plan on doing 10-12 girls. i have a 400w hps and am about to order a 1000w hps, or would a mh be better since i alrdy have an hps? Im going with soil. Is it worth buying fox farm's Ocean Forest or just going with some decent soil at a local nursery?

Back
Top Bottom