Best Water & Air Temperatures For Dense Buds?

sneekymofo

I understand that grow room temperatures and reservoir temperatures are inversely related to bud density. Temps go up, bud density goes down. Is there a general guide for the ‘perfect’ target temps? I know everything is strain-specific, but has there been some knowledge-base formed on tolerances, ranges and impact on density (thereby yield)? Just wondering how much it’s worth chasing, say 5 degrees Fahrenheit in the grow room in yield?

I understand that grow room temperatures and reservoir temperatures are inversely related to bud density. Temps go up, bud density goes down. Is there a general guide for the ‘perfect’ target temps? I know everything is strain-specific, but has there been some knowledge-base formed on tolerances, ranges and impact on density (thereby yield)? Just wondering how much it’s worth chasing, say 5 degrees Fahrenheit in the grow room in yield?
Hello @sneekymofo great name.
Hope you are well my friend.
I know that if I let my room get over 27c or about 80 f my buds turn to airy junk.
They need cooler temps to produce rock hard buds.
I keep my feed at 18c or about 65 f.
The oxygen and nutrition uptake is optimal in coco at that temp.
From everything I've read.
Now thats coco not a res tank.
@Rexer Does dwc he might have a better handle on res temp than me.
Let's see what he says.
Happy growing.
Bill

Hi @sneekymofo

I'm not a highly experienced grower. But from my research, and limited experience for rock hard buds several factors need to be dialed in:

Environment: aim for 20-24C. RH during flower, get it low (40% I think? I can double check that if you'd like).

Light- your plant needs those precious photons to create solid bud.

Feed- it's gotta be on the button, deficiencies or lockouts that are out of control I imagine would effect it.

Res temps for RDWC/DWC aim for q
19-20 C. Don't go below 18C or you'll have lockouts. Above 25C (?) Unhelpful bacterias can form

Hope that helps! This is the 1st grow where I think I got it right :cheesygrinsmiley: and that's what I did (more or less).

Hi @sneekymofo

I'm not a highly experienced grower. But from my research, and limited experience for rock hard buds several factors need to be dialed in:

Environment: aim for 20-24C. RH during flower, get it low (40% I think? I can double check that if you'd like).

Light- your plant needs those precious photons to create solid bud.

Feed- it's gotta be on the button, deficiencies or lockouts that are out of control I imagine would effect it.

Res temps for RDWC/DWC aim for q
19-20 C. Don't go below 18C or you'll have lockouts. Above 25C (?) Unhelpful bacterias can form

Hope that helps! This is the 1st grow where I think I got it right :cheesygrinsmiley: and that's what I did (more or less).

Thanks much to both of you! Either of you see how much yield change when you slip out of those tolerances? I’ve got water temps right at 68-69, but air temps without getting stupid are going to settle around an average of 76 (72 nights, 78 days). Didn’t want to add supplemental A/C unless the capital / energy seemed to be worth it. I’m assuming it will be moar, which is ALWAYS better! Just wondering if you had comparative to grows ‘outside’ those ranges. Most of my time I’ve been forced to grow in 80+ degree res temps, 90+ degree room temps in the summers…I KNOW what that does to density lol

Back
Top Bottom