Best way to keep seeds in good quality?

monarch9mm

Hey guys and girls, i would like some advice on how to keep my seeds in good quality, since i am not going to plant them for a while. Thanks.

:smokin:Aloha and yes, keeping seeds is vital to ones next crops and you ask a good question.
How old are the seeds? You indictated that you are not going to use them for awhile. May I suggest then that storing them in a ziplock bag or airtight container in the fridge.
Also you can store them in an airtight container in a dark dry area. I would suggest that you check them every now and then to ensure no mold starts to take place.

A Hui Hou

Happy Gardening

i just received the seeds and they are still in the same package that they came in. ( in a little zip lock bag, the bag is in a small cylinder). I have the cylinder in a cabinet. Just want to make sure they stay good.

You want to store them with a desiccant which will solve the moisture problem. I've frozen them before, but currently have about 30 different types (I haven't been able to grow for 2 years now) in the envelopes they came in in a large sealed plastic container filled with rice. You can also use those little packets that say "Do not eat" that companies use to package with their products. Whenever I come across one I just throw it in a bag that I keep in the frig.

Back
Top Bottom