Big Bang Auto Scrog

Re: Big Bang Auto Srog

so i thought i should do a more formal information segment for this grow.

Strain: Big Bang Auto (Green House Seeds)
Growing medium: soil:
Neutrients: Fox Farm - Grow Big, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom
PH: i believe its recommended at 6.7 for this strain.
Lights: Veggin under one 125W CFL grow bulb. Flower under my 600w hps air cooled.
Light Cycle. 18/6 for whole grow.
grow style: scrog.

my plan is to veg in my small veg box once the plants are big enough to start the scrog they will move into my grow tent (2x4x7) with 2 125w CFL's once preflowers show i will switch the lights for my hps.

AHhh, its finally the weekend. hope you all have a fantastic one. figured i start off the weekend with some progress pics.
was going to wait until monday for my weekly pics but got some progress done in the tent. built myself my screen. I know i originally wanted to do a (V) scrog but i could not find any 45* angle pvc pieces. so i just did this one as a rectangle. roughly 20x46.
made with 1/2 pvc and some stuco screen 2". i was sceptical about going with this screen because it is galvanized but it was all i could find. does any one think this will be a problem? i would rather find out now and try and change it before i find dead plants.
here is some pics for you all to enjoy.
image-18.jpeg

image-27.jpeg

image-36.jpeg
image-44.jpeg

photo-715.JPG
image-53.jpeg

the one plant seems to be a little bit behind. i did not pop out if the soil for a day or 2 after the other.
also my RH is only 33-36% should i try and get it higher? i have a bucker of water i keep in the room to try and bring it up to the 40-50% range.

so planning on starting 1/4 strenght neuts tomorrow for 2nd week plants. does anyone see an issue with this or should i want another week? was planning on giving 1/4 strength of grow big followed by strait water watering on thursday. i read that autos dont like full strenth neuts for their whole grow cycle so i figured start with 1/4 alternating with just water ever few days until about week 4 then just 1/4 every watering the go to half strength for the rest. anyone think this is a dumb idea? some inout would be nice.

also been doing more work in the flower room. set up some ventilation for the hps and carbon filter today. going to order a clip fan for circulation soon. and maybe set up some sort of auto matic watering system. and a rain system.i find that evertime i set up for a grow it becomes more legit.

went from this a few years ago
15107.jpg

to this now
photo-327.JPG
photo-187.JPG
image-53.jpeg

hey all. weekly update is a few days late. but since not much interesting was going on a figured i give it a day or two. so monday i fed them with some grow big. i gave 1/8tbsp in 2 L water. pretty sure thats 1/4 strength. since the feeding the one plant seemed to realy start growing faster. the other one is still very small in comparisson. but it almost seems just as far along just alot smaller. same amount of leaves and shoots.
image-72.jpeg
image-62.jpeg

i hope the one is not stunted. anyone have an idea why it could be so much different.? just differnt pheno type?
here is another pic of the them. RH is 42-50%
photo-815.JPG
image-91.jpeg
image-81.jpeg

You never really realize how fast your plants grow until you come back on here to update and see the last pictures.
for the past week ive noticed some growth but didnt think to much of it. but then looking back at those few pics i posted on the 29th an damn have they every popped. they must be liking the neuts.
fed them 2 times this past week.

Big Bloom 1.5 tsp per 2L water.
Grow Big .5 tsp per 2L water.
PH 6.8
PPM 800
image-121.jpeg
image-111.jpeg
image-131.jpeg
image-101.jpeg

im not to sure why im feeding more big bloom than Grow big in the veg period but the book i got with my fox farm neuts says this. and well it seems to be doing the trick. the nodes on the plants are very tight. not like any of the others i have grown. the shorter of the 2 already has 8 or 10 nodes coming off and its like 7 inches tall. And today i am pretty sure i noticed a preflower on the one plant.
im very surprised by how soon that is. a preflower just 3.5 weeks from seed? thats crazy. well they will have to go into the tent this weekend i guess.

photo-914.JPG

I have been having a problem with my lights turning on in the morning. i have 2 different timers. one use to always loose track of time or someting. when i would go to bed it would be fine and on time. then when i woke up at 7 and check to see the lights came on at 6. but they would still be off and the times would say its only 4.
the other timer i switched to doesnt seem to flick the switch properly and it just goes past it. i realy dont like this timer.
maybe i should try a different plug?

Got bored and stoned this evening after doing the update. so i decided i better move the plants before they get to big.
here are some pics under the screen and dual lights.
photo-1017.JPG
image-161.jpeg
image-151.jpeg
image-141.jpeg

nice work man. Yes your hitting the time when they grow a lot really fast. keep feeding them veg nutes and it will keep them in veg a little longer and also make your flowering time a little longer thus giving you a bigger plant.
are you able to get the light any closer?

so just a little update. im pretty upset today. this morning i went to water the plants and do some maintenance. and when i was tucking the main stem back under the screen it snapped :( :( :( this was very disappointing to me. i still am mad at myself for this.
i was surprised how delicate it was. all y previous grows seemed much tougher. could this be the Ruderalis genes? the piece that broke off was pushing about 6 or 8 nodes. and had nice big pre flower hairs on it. so now im left with 6 nodes on the plants. hope it is not to stunted after this accident. and the worst part is it happened to the bigger of the 2 plants. i dipped the broken piece in some rooting hormone and placed in some rockwool and put it in a cup with some water. i really dont have any hopes for it but figured id experiment with it. better than just tossing it. i plan on starting another 2 plants in 2 weeks. if these two dont get very big well ill just have to redeem myself with the next batch

I tried tape but i had already it the end at a 45 and applied root hormone
Probably should have just left it as a clone because it just shrivelled up and died.
Oh we'll the plants them selves are doing pretty good.

I tried tape but i had already it the end at a 45 and applied root hormone
Probably should have just left it as a clone because it just shrivelled up and died.
Oh we'll the plants them selves are doing pretty good.

No need for the hormone. And autos cant really be cloned because of the short life. I have almost had clean snaps on branches and some come back. You do get the ones that wont. Sucks but the plant will grow stronger in other areas.

yea i used the hormone and cut stem at a 45* because i had planned on clonning. then taped it after Dr Raven made the sudjestion. but it didnt work oh well. plants are still looking great. but ever since i put on the hps. my RH has gone down to 35% i placed a pail of water in there to help raise it but it doesnt seem to help to much :(

Back
Top Bottom