Big Bang Auto Scrog

ClearCrow

hey all. been a long while since ive been on here. but its time for a new grow. got some Big Bang Auto flower seeds from Green House seeds on the way. im in the process of setting everything up. going to do a scrog of 2 plants for the first go then a second round of 3. making a V style scrog screen probably 2.5' by 4'.

medium is going to be soil. havent got any yet going to see what i can get tomorrow.

going to go with some fox farm neuts.

got my 600w hps to power this grow.

i have never done an auto flower so i might have a few questions along the way. feeding schedule? light cycle? light spectrum?

hope to start germination some seeds by this weekend but might not get them until next week.

check back soon :)

Re: Big Bang Auto Srog

hey all. so today my seeds arrived :) its quite exciting!! going to put them into some water until morning and then into some wet paper towels. will pick up some soil tomorrow. hopefully have these ladies in some soil for monday.? man im looking forward to these next 6 weeks.

Check back!!

Thanks for stopping in xlr8. Hope you enjoy. Have u ever
Done Big Bang auto before? If so what
Light cycle did u use?
Should I start with a veg light spectrum
5700k or what ever it is.
Or could I just stick it under my Hps flower light from seed?
Also is am unable to go 12/12 the whole grow cycle?

Hi ClearCrow -

Yes, I sure have grown it - even have a journal I did just for that plant. I grew it under T5 and MH light during veg, and HPS once it started to show flowers. It's been a couple of years, but I believe I did 18/6 all the way through. Autoflowers don't usually need 12/12 lighting to flower, so it's good to give them a longer light cycle throughout. 20/4 might work fine too (I'm sure it's in my journal somewhere, so I'd encourage you to peruse it if you get time). I'd use bluer veg lighting until you see pre-flowers (pistils) show, then switch to HPS.

Here's the link to the journal I did - it yielded phenomenal for an auto:

X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011

For inspiration, check these out -- Ms. Big Bang Auto (4.7z from one auto-flower plant) tasted like green apples and cotton candy!:

bba1.jpg

bba_buds.jpg

bba_jarred.jpg

bba_inside_jar_clsp.jpg

Thanks for the link mate. Ill definitely use as a reference. That plant looks amazing
And I guess I'll be using my two big Cfl's for veg then switch to Hps.
What do you think about scrog for autoflowers? Is the grow cycle to short for this technique?

Thanks for the link mate. Ill definitely use as a reference. That plant looks amazing
And I guess I'll be using my two big Cfl's for veg then switch to Hps.
What do you think about scrog for autoflowers? Is the grow cycle to short for this technique?

I've never tried a scrog with an auto, and honestly, that's the only auto I've grown. I think you want to do whatever you can to get as much light to the plant as possible. I decided to not pluck or defoliate much, and topping is a no-no with autos (they don't have recovery time as their clock is ticking toward finish from day one, unlike a plant that we choose to trigger for flower at our convenience). Mostly, I tucked leaves out of the way of prime bud-sites daily, and rotated the plant frequently. That's it. Sorry I can't answer this better, but I don't have a ton of auto or scrog experience. Wanted to share what I did, though, as it worked pretty well for me...

CFL's will work fine for early vegging, and you can switch to HPS when the plant gets too big for those, or once it shows pistils...

so seeds should be ready for soil tomorrow or monday. so i have been working on setting up a veg box. i used an hold white base cupboard that i had left over from my kitchen renos. i put two computer fans in it with some home made filters. just have to install my lights. i have it all caulked up and sanitized. cant wait to get these girls started. next week i will start making my scrog screen and setting up a new flower room. with my hps. will post pics once veg box is done.

here are some pics of my new veg box. sorry for them being sideways. its been a long time since ive uploaded photos onto here.
cant way to see some little girls in here.
photo430.JPG
photo-327.JPG
photo-187.JPG

Thanks for stopping in "blazin"
Veg set up is ready to go. Don't think seeds will
See the soil until tommorrow night. Not sure what I'm got planned for my flower room yet
Either going to put my 2x4x7 grow tent that I bought for my last grow. Or if I'm going to build
A 3.5x4x6 room I'm my basement. I would prefer to eventually have both set ups in my basement
Since I have water access and its more hidden. But my ceiling is only 6' so it will have to be a short flower room

thanks, i built it over the weekend. used the cupboard for a previous grow but finally made it legit with fans and such. i wish i could use my hps in here. i miss the days of a stealthy small box. my tent is to big and makes my spare bedroom unusable to guests. i want a small stealthy flower bow maybe 5'h x 36"w x 36"d. well hopefully some seeds will meet soil tomorrow. g'night 420

so today i placed my germinated seeds into the soil. didnt take any pics. will hopefully have some litttle sprouts in the next few days.

on a side note i have my neutrients from my previous grows. do they go bad? i think they are all about 18-24 months old.
they are fox farm big bloom, tiger bloom and grow big.

thanks for the link. will read that tonight. so lastnight i had one plant sprout. and this morning still only one. then when i got home this evening i noticed the other decided to pop her self out and say high to everyone who is following her progress.
say high to the babies.
photo-420.JPG

lights are on from 6am until 12am so i guess that makes 18/6
i am misting them a few times day. and only run my fans for a bit every few hours. dont want to keep the temp and humidity up a little bit for the first while.

so as of today plants are looking great, still very small. just been misting them 2 or 3 times a day and water when needed. wont be starting neuts for another week or 2. the information i got with the seeds said 5-6 weeks from seed. but after reading through XLR8's MS BIG BAG journal it looks like alot longer of a cycle.

could realy use some info on that. is it suppose to be 5-6 week flower cycle? will post 1 weeks soil pics tomorrow.
planning on setting up my tent tomorrow so when the time comes to scrog i have the room to do so and dont have to worry about moving over to the tent after the plants are in the screen.

here is a weekly update. this is one week since ive put my germinated seeds into soil.
progress seems slow at the moment but it could be because my last grow i used clones
everything seems to be in order. i just need to get some AAA batteries so i can monitor my temp and RH
here are some pics for you guys tuning in.
photo-617.JPG

photo-518.JPG

Back
Top Bottom