Bit concerned about the buds

Kaldean

Hi people, I switched to flowering about 35 days ago, 5 weeks, but counting as 4 because of the switch, I have 2 lady’s, 1 is northern lights ( on the left of the picture ) the other is og kush on the right hand side, iv red that the northern light takes about 7-8 weeks before crop, and og kush about 8-9 weeks, my concern is, 2 days ago I noticed the stigmas, is it, the white hair things, anyway, yeah they have started turning brown, but only on the og kush, the northern light is still pure white ( last picture ) and so it says is quicker to bud, was wondering if this is normal and carry on or is it getting near crop and should I flush the media ? Thanks for your help :thumb::thanks:

103C36E7-F178-4BEE-B021-7744977491C0.jpeg

02E43CAB-F80D-483D-BA7B-918AAF5760AA.jpeg

983372BA-5CA5-4AEA-B20B-00033D5D25CA.jpeg

EE292B78-4917-4023-ADC6-AC9E4C2D75D0.jpeg

Can you do the pics without the purple lighting?

those pistols,, the white hairs,, only live so long,, they form, display and die,, each set of pistols. the first ones that form will die first,, etc

each strain has it's own particulars,, and does things it's own way. i see no problems there friend,, looks quite good

pretty stretchy plant,, top receives so much more light than lower,, all good tho,,

those pistols,, the white hairs,, only live so long,, they form, display and die,, each set of pistols. the first ones that form will die first,, etc

each strain has it's own particulars,, and does things it's own way. i see no problems there friend,, looks quite good

pretty stretchy plant,, top receives so much more light than lower,, all good tho,,
Hi @nivek , and thank you, great info, very much appreciated, I can relax now :rofl: I didn’t know that about the pistols, I was getting worried it was near to crop, now I know so thank you:thumb: , and yeah, the og kush is really stretched, had to get a bigger tent and now it’s nearly outgrown this one lol, it’s my first grow and left it way to long before switching, had some other problems aswell but had some great help from here, I have a journal if you would like to see how it’s come along, it’s, Kaldean, journal
Very original ay :rofl:
Thank you once again for your help :thumb::thanks:

Pretty!! I don’t see anything wrong there - plants will grow as their genetics dictate - not as we say they should :)

If you have a jewler’s look or an endoscope (LOVE my endoscope!), take a closer peek at your trichomes - they’re the better indicator of when you’re plant is ready to face the axe!

If you have a jewler’s look or an endoscope (LOVE my endoscope!), take a closer peek at your trichomes - they’re the better indicator of when you’re plant is ready to face the axe!
Yeah cjsbabygirl, iv had some great help from @Nunyabiz , he used some kind of zoom camera to see them trichomes in he’s journal, how long does the optimum cropping time last ? Cause what I’m thinking is, do I wait until it’s the best time to crop and then flush for a week or so, or will that take me past the best quality window , if any of that made sense lol

Wish I could answer that for ya Kaldean, but I’m only starting my 2nd grow so I’ll be bugging the kind souls here at 420 when I eventually get to that point for their guidance as well. All I know is that:
- clear trichomes = not ready
- mostly milky trichomes = closer
- amber trichomes (% is depending on how you like your buzz) = ready

And I may even be wrong there so don't take my word for it on that - wait till the more experienced folks chime in !

truth be told,, ed rosenthal science talkin,,

the peak trichome psychoactive state is clear, just before turning cloudy

cloudy is the point of trichome degradation , into less psychoactive states,, and amber is full on degraded

try a piece harvested early,, i promise you will not be disapointed

Wish I could answer that for ya Kaldean, but I’m only starting my 2nd grow so I’ll be bugging the kind souls here at 420 when I eventually get to that point for their guidance as well. All I know is that:
- clear trichomes = not ready
- mostly milky trichomes = closer
- amber trichomes (% is depending on how you like your buzz) = ready

And I may even be wrong there so don't take my word for it on that - wait till the more experienced folks chime in !
Ok cjsbabygirl, just as lost as me then :rofl: and yeah I have red about them but I’m not100% sure about the whole thing, and yeah your right, some great and very helpful people in here so I’m sure we will find out , thank you for your help , and good luck with your little ladies :thumb::thanks:

truth be told,, ed rosenthal science talkin,,

the peak trichome psychoactive state is clear, just before turning cloudy

cloudy is the point of trichome degradation , into less psychoactive states,, and amber is full on degraded

try a piece harvested early,, i promise you will not be disapointed
Ole great, thank you @nivek , I will do exactly what you say, try a piece early , I’m a bit concerned about flushing, do you think I should do that according to what iv red about how long these particular strains take to flower, I’m thinking just over a week before, do you think that’s right ? And then from that point keep a close eye on the trichomes ? And thank you for the info, very much appreciated :thanks::thumb:

hi @cjsbabygirl313 , iv tried it with the flash but don’t know if there any better, I will attach them :thumb:

FD703597-D10E-42F4-9287-2B0AD425B2DF.jpeg

B587D676-587F-4F8B-8C31-2AFF3CCD82C3.jpeg

8D2E0431-9BC6-4173-BED3-5BEEAB9CDF65.jpeg

421EAF80-2FDA-4A22-BDC2-DEB12FD17D1F.jpeg
Hello @Kaldean hope you are having a good day.
Beautiful ladies my friend.
You said your using GH.
I assume the trio?
I'd cut out the GH grow from your feed mix. :Namaste:
It looks like the are maxed out on Nitrogen.
There is enough nitrogen in the micro to sustain them until they finish.
Do you use big bud or massive? Anything like that?
Something with more (K).
Stay safe.
Bill

Hi people, I switched to flowering about 35 days ago, 5 weeks, but counting as 4 because of the switch, I have 2 lady’s, 1 is northern lights ( on the left of the picture ) the other is og kush on the right hand side, iv red that the northern light takes about 7-8 weeks before crop, and og kush about 8-9 weeks, my concern is, 2 days ago I noticed the stigmas, is it, the white hair things, anyway, yeah they have started turning brown, but only on the og kush, the northern light is still pure white ( last picture ) and so it says is quicker to bud, was wondering if this is normal and carry on or is it getting near crop and should I flush the media ? Thanks for your help :thumb::thanks:

looks good. be patient.

Every strain has its own way of “blooming”. Those pistols will change colors and tighten close to the bud as the buds develop. Different strains have different color, but start out white. Your plants look great. Be patient and enjoy the process!

Back
Top Bottom