black death

judemon

My plant is in the flowering stage and im noticing black tip leaves as well as leaves with brownspots on them toward the base of the plant. It seems almost as if the leaves are individually dying and headed higher and higher to the tip of the plant. The top end looks extremely healthy however and is forming buds. I dont know if theres a way to correct it or not. I can take pictures later tonight after the dark cycle if needed. Please help ! Dont let mary die

It continues to happen even after I pluck the burnt leaves. Idk what it could be I even pulled the light up higher I was thinking maybe my ph because I use spring water. And this furtilizer spray for mums high in nitrate. Maybe im over feeding it... I should stop giving it furtilizer totally because every once in awhile I mist the whole plant with it

In my opinion, foliar sprays never worked out great for me, good, but not great. Always succeed at burning my plants in some shape or form using them. You are thinking on the right track, lower the nutes and no more nutrient sprays ;) Try to leave the leaves that are dying off also, depending on how much plucking is going on she could get stressed out.

You think I should clip the burnt guys or try to just let them heal. If I had to guess id say cut the black tips off and leave the fresh brown spot ones go. Thanks for all your info btw budddy. Im feelin a little akuna ma ta ta on this one now.

If they are burnt they probably wont heal, but leaving them alone and letting them run their course and die off naturally instead of an unnatural defoliation I think would be best, let them pull any nutrients they can. I am having problems with a haze plant at the moment, PREPARE YOURSELF, are you having any issues like this? This is my ph/nute problem, no foliar spray damage here.

100_7302.JPG

Nawh buddy mine are more black death. And its only a few leaves. And some spotting on others. Like 3 single polka dot brown spots. Im really thinking its the furtilizer burning it. And its also only at the base of the plant. Which is weird... farther from light but I guess they are also broader leaves.. just wasnt sure if it affected the overall health of the plant but its a strong deep stiff root system with promising looking sprouts so I think I should b okay

Only early stages. Id say 3 weeks at the absolute most. But yeah early enough to stop giving her fertilizer. I think that crap is only good for vegation because it gave me no problems during that phase ever

Hard to tell with limited details but does sound like nute burn to me. You'd be surprised at how little nutrients you can get by with. Depending on your soil you may hardly need any at all. I've done foliar sprays but like CA I tend to stay away from them unless I have a problem I can correct with a foliar spray. Ie. Epsom salt for cal/mag def

I'd flush her with 3x your containers volume and then add a small mild 1/4-1/2 dose of nutrient feed.

As far as the leaves I've done it both ways. Sometimes it easier to pull the bad ones because then it makes it easier to see if she's improving but soil does take awhile. On the other hand pulling leaves does cause additional stress.

Personally I try to give her a few days to recover after I correct the nutrient problem and then I pull the bad leaves so I can tell if the problem comes back again.

Hope that helps. I'm no vet lol :)

What do you mean by flush? Are you talking about transfering to fresh soil? Knda scary ive never did that before with the size shes at now about a foot and a half

A flush is basically watering with 3x the volume of your container size, 3gal container equals 9gal water. The idea is to clean out the excess nutrients/salt that's built up. Once you flush/drain that much water through it shouldn't have any nutrients left so that's why you follow up with a small 1/4-1/2 dose of nutrients. Then the plant still has some food but not too much.

You may also want to consider a ph lockout as well. It's hard to tell without knowing your plants size, container size, and nutrients but a very common mistake is not adjusting your ph to an acceptable level. For example if your using soil you should be feeding it at a ph of 6.8. Too low or high and you can lockout nutrients. This is a mistake I've made many times.

In my experience nutrient burn and nut def due to ph lockout can look very similiar. Normally I think a nute burn will show burnt tips on random leafs throughout the entire plant but I could be wrong.

If its a nute burn should I be worried or can It still be aa resilient enough to bounce on back to beauty

But wont I drowned it?

Your soil should have adequate drainage if it's mixed correctly. Normally I add extra perlite and bubble my water with airstones to be safe. If your soil doesn't drain well it is possible but not likely.

Personally what I've done in my grows is to water/feed every other. Usually I'll feed and then 4 days later I'll give them straight water. This helps to prevent salt/nutrient buildup over time. When you have a severe problem like over feeding the night before a flush is the best way to limit the damage. I've never been able to flush 3x the volume. Either didn't have time or was lazy lol. If anything just give her a really good watering until you have a decent amount of runoff.

Sorry I think I might be making this more confusing lmao

No I get it. Basically give it water till it pours through the drain hole at the bottom of my pot. But also calculated wiyh the size of my pot in gallons. Lolol no troubles bro us stonies love to get explanatory

No I get it. Basically give it water till it pours through the drain hole at the bottom of my pot. But also calculated wiyh the size of my pot in gallons. Lolol no troubles bro us stonies love to get explanatory

Basically yes :) You should always have approximately 10% runoff anytime your watering. Now your looking for 100% runoff. I know CA just kept pouring water through his until the drainage was clear vs brown. Then you add a few cups of water with mild nutrients to give your girl some food. She'll be overwatered for a few days. Just let her dry out so maybe more days until your next watering.

I've had a quite a few issues on the grows I've done so far. Mainly ph lockout and cal/mag def. My plants always do really well until about week 5 in flower and then it's an uphill battle to keep them alive until harvest lol.

The best advice I can give you is document everything you do. Then you can always go back and analyze what you need to do differently. I got lazy for a few months and it was a mess. Now I write feedings and when I take pics. Hell now I even write notes when I move my lights or defoliate :)

Back
Top Bottom