Black Diamond COB High Rate Of Failure

Crashdog

Only had this Light for less then 3 years . Already had to replace one of the Led boards when it was under warranty which went smoothly.

Did not use light last summer. Started new grow this January. One led was not working when I took it out of box to use, no biggie.
One more went out about a month and a half ago and this morning a 3rd is now out.

That is 4 issues in under 3 years. That is an extremely high rate of failure for such an expensive light.

This light was awesome when it was working.

I'm hoping mine was just a dud and other growers are having no issues with their lights.

4-7-19 a.jpg
4-7-19 b.jpg

We are here not only to protect our sponsors but also to represent our members, so we have therefore contacted the sponsor in question and asked them to comment in the thread.

We hope this will help facilitate a swift resolution to the issue and we will be monitoring the situation.

:Namaste:

Only had this Light for less then 3 years . Already had to replace one of the Led boards when it was under warranty which went smoothly.

Did not use light last summer. Started new grow this January. One led was not working when I took it out of box to use, no biggie.
One more went out about a month and a half ago and this morning a 3rd is now out.

That is 4 issues in under 3 years. That is an extremely high rate of failure for such an expensive light.

This light was awesome when it was working.

I'm hoping mine was just a dud and other growers are having no issues with their lights.

4-7-19 a.jpg
4-7-19 b.jpg
Did you email me about this? It sounds like something else is wrong with the light, which is why PCBs failed more than once. This is super rare.

Please email me with this photo of the light and let me know you are Crashdog.

I am pretty sure it is not delivering the right volts. Email me for a replacement, please. Thanks.

i have a PS Mini, 3 LEDs went out within 2 weeks. Still kicks but tho, just never contacted Neil about it or made a fuss, as I use my 4Luminus cobs for the maingrow. Not to good at soldering, and really couldnt send it back at the time. Down the road, i might fix it, but as of now, i dont even use it. I might end up using it in the future as sidelighting that i can move around because it does have great penetration, and Uv/ir supplementation.

Have a similar fixture as you and having the same problem. Looks like it’s just the LED driver to that specific zone(you have 3 zones not working so 3 separate drivers).

Currently looking where to get the specific drivers from myself. Should be a simple at home fix if you can find replacement drivers.

i have a PS Mini, 3 LEDs went out within 2 weeks. Still kicks but tho, just never contacted Neil about it or made a fuss, as I use my 4Luminus cobs for the maingrow. Not to good at soldering, and really couldnt send it back at the time. Down the road, i might fix it, but as of now, i dont even use it. I might end up using it in the future as sidelighting that i can move around because it does have great penetration, and Uv/ir supplementation.

You should have contacted me and still should. You do not need to solder. Just replace a PCB. Please email me a photo of your light from my website.

Back
Top Bottom