Bleezy's First Soil Lemon Kush/Mix Indoor Grow 2015

bleezytime

Hey everybody,

I am brand new to this website but I've been recently doing a lot of research on indoor growing and decided to roll the dice and give it a shot myself. This will be my very first grow and I absolutely love the support everybody seems to give each other on this site!! I hope to thoroughly document my grow and provide many pictures of the entire process from pre-germination to harvest. I'm not completely sure on the route I will be taking as far as lighting and nutrients go and could really use your guy's help! These are the following stats of my grow:

The most important aspect of this grow is stealth. Keeping them out of sight isn't a big deal but I must keep the smell to a bare minimum. I realize I will have to invest in a carbon filter before I begin to flower my plants. The second most important aspect is yield, which I think is normal for many people haha. Lastly, cost is important. I would like to do this properly though and will not be super cheap on the necessities. After the cost of the seeds, I would like to spend no more than $200-300 dollars on everything. (Maybe I am cheap?)

Indoor space:
-Closet that is 2' deep by 5' long. Height is about 6'.

Plant specs:
-I ordered 10 feminized lemon kush seeds from Herbies, a well-reviewed site by the sounds of it.
-I ordered 12 regular (non-fem) Bliss seeds from hempdepot.com. The original retailer is whish seeds. Bliss is a 90/10 Sativa/Indica hybrid. After ordering I realized this might not be the greatest strain if I'm hoping for a large yield.
-I another ordered 10 regular mixed indoor seeds from hempdepot.com. The original retailer on this is beanhoarder.

-I plant to hopefully grow about 6 plants in the space I have provided.

Light:
-Not sure whether to go with cfl's or a hps at this point. It seems cfl's have the pros of not producing excessive heat although it looks as though I'll almost need to spend the same amount on a ton of cfl's as one good hps system. For my space, I think I could almost get away with a hps light and a couple cfls. I don't want to buy the carbon filter right away so I'm hesitant to start with an hps because of excessive heat. Perhaps cfls in the first few weeks and then an hps closer to flowering? Or would getting the hps right away be very beneficial?

Soil Specs:
I would like to go with an organic soil that has good filtration and add nutrients as needed from there. I will begin growing my seeds in plastic cups and then move them to 1.5 gallon pots. I'm not sure if I should invest in a PH reader though it seems all the pros use them. Does anybody have input as to what kind of nutrients I should use?

This is all my current information. I'm pretty familiar with the basics but just have some questions as far as lighting and nutrients go at the moment. I will shortly post a picture of the closet I have to work with and maybe someone can help me with designing it into the perfect grow room!! Thanks everybody who took the time to read all this, I can clarify anything if needed and hope this is the beginning to a successful grow!

This is the closet I have to work with. I would like to seal off the front by velcro-ing/taping a sturdy tarp canvas material around the outside to make it airtight by the time the plants begin to flower. By this time I also plan on installing an inline fan and carbon filter with exhaust in order to circulate air. In the meantime I will leave it as-is.

Any input as to what I should do to prep this area for my babies? Like I said I plan on growing about six plants in this 2'x5' area if that isn't over excessive. I have thought about installing mylar on the walls but I'm not sure if the cost vs. yield benefit would pay off with this. I have heard white walls can work very well.

flat white is fine for the walls i don't know about 6 plants in a 2x5 though
it would depend how big the plants will be and what kind of space you have to work with
you wouldn't want to have to pull everything out to get to the plant in the back

You might very well be right about not fitting six plants in this area... I've been spending the last few hours watching videos and reading and it seems like four might be a more reasonable number since I will want to bush them out. I would like to grow a couple of the regular seeds I got, particularly the bliss, but I'm not completely sure risking male plants is worth it with the limited amount of space I have. I also saw somebody on youtube who spent about $5 getting space blankets and using that to cover the walls and reflect light. My seeds should be here in a few days so until then I'll be working with getting the grow room looking good and purchasing lights!!! Thanks for the replies so far everyone!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom