Blue Dream flowering outdoors - Feels like it's behind

I may just be impatient but seems like it's been very slow maturing I feel like I should be further along being implanted early, also may have to go with the past few days being 90 degrees and getting hotter, I've moved into half shade and half sun after being in constant sun all it's life will that shock it or help it?

Actually, impatience was the first thing that came to mind. I think it happens to everyone towards the end of a grow. "Is it THROUGH yet???"

Cannabis loves light, the more the better. (That said, my little dwarf may have gotten a little crisped during a heat wave here in full sun, but if in doubt, more light--especially if you're trying to get it to finish up.)

Actually, impatience was the first thing that came to mind. I think it happens to everyone towards the end of a grow. "Is it THROUGH yet???"

Cannabis loves light, the more the better. (That said, my little dwarf may have gotten a little crisped during a heat wave here in full sun, but if in doubt, more light--especially if you're trying to get it to finish up.)

It's getting about 6-7 hrs now well just today started the shade cycle, I may put it back out but I don't want it getting to hit and getting dry.

I know it's not done but as my first time grow I've looked up ho to tell and it's really just starting to get actual bud forming so safe to say another month?? The little one though is further along and has small bud formations as well but much thicker

It's getting about 6-7 hrs now well just today started the shade cycle, I may put it back out but I don't want it getting to hit and getting dry.

That's really not very much at all. Get it as much light as you can, especially when it's in flower, and especially when you want it to finish up. The days are getting shorter by over 3 minutes a day now, so get those free lumens while you can!

Yes I have, I have a jewelers loupe and all, i know I have a few more weeks before it's even close. Just for as long as it's been planted and flowering feels like it should be further along, I will just move back out in full sun try and keep a eye on it over the next few days when we are suppose to get a heat wave.

Blue Dream (original clone version) comes down at the end of October, so I'm not surprised she looks like she looks, she has at least one month to go.

Glad I could help, please check flowering times via respected sources next time and make sure you're growing what you're growing.

I did check times and I know what I have for sure, it says 9-10 weeks outdoors for mine closing in on the end of the 7th week flowering I just Thought it should be further along

And, once again, "flowering times" are highly dependent on hours of daylight, sun intensity, and temperature (among other things).

During a week of cold, overcast weather, a plant might grow hardly at all.

10 week indoor indeed they say, but end of October outdoor. It's not easy to figure it out how it works outdoor, but whatever is quoted for indoor, outdoor it should be less usually due to descending photoperiod and UVB. So if your plant was triggered into flowering around mid Agust, you're looking at mid October harvest at best.

outdoor it should be less usually due to descending photoperiod and UVB.

Mmmm.... maybe if the indoor and outdoor grows are otherwise identical, but from grows I have read about online and my own experience growing outdoors, the outdoor environment is often less ideal and so significantly slower than indoors under more controlled conditions. Sure, if you're growing a plant in Mendacino in full sun all day with warm temperatures, that's pretty ideal and the plant rocks (which is why people like to grow there, of course), but most of us (especially those farther north) have to deal with cold and overcast days (especially in early spring and fall) and less than dawn-to-dusk illumination.

Well folks from the north have it bad with cannabis indeed, conditions are harsh and and timeframe is very tight, but I see some people making it even there. But in any good temperate climate down south below 45-48 you're gonna have your weed come the same as indoor or faster and if you use sun dep with alternative photoperiod you can have it even faster.

I do know it started the week of July 21st, and yes outdoor is crazy to judge, besides yesterday it's almost had a full month of sunlight, I realize everything is estimated and not gonna be spot on, it's progressing good just writhing past few days it has hardened up a lil, I do realize October is my Harvest month I just posted to simply ask if it seems behind to everyone on here or if my plant looks good and should be fine, as I've said it is my first grow I've researched a ton always loved the flower and now am actually growing the flower pretty cool honestly!!

in any good temperate climate down south below 45-48 you're gonna have your weed come the same as indoor or faster

That ain't me. ;) We about to go back into the The Season of the Very Long Nights. (Sounds kinda like something from Game of Thrones.)

I grow "Early Girl" tomatoes that are started in a hothouse to get the jump on the short season. I wonder if there's a short season cultivar of Cannabis? (Answering my own question, I guess that would be autos, with their Siberian C. ruderalis genes.)

Yes these are autos for you :)

Back
Top Bottom