BOFH's - Indoor Soil - 2 x Jack47 Auto - 2014 - 8 x 25W CFL

Re: BOFH's - Indoor Soil - 2 x Jack47 Auto - 2014 - (8 x 25w CFL)

how many nutes are you feeding and from what day did you start man?
Plants look great :) :thumb:

Thanks a lot! I followed a "less is more" policy :'D

First of all I'm using Bio-Grow and Bio-Bloom by BioBizz. Their NPK values are respectively 4 3 6 and 2 7 4.

The first time I used them was on day 25 (counting from the day I planted the seed). It was a couple of days after the plants first showed pre-flowers.
That day I used 10 drops of Bio-Grow per 1 litre of water. 1 drop corresponds to ~0.08 ml so I used a concentration of about 0.8ml per litre. I didn't use Bio-Bloom that time.

The second time I used ferts was yesterday (day 37), but this time I raised the amount and added Bio-Bloom to the mix.
I used 12 drops per litre of both ferts, which means ~1ml per litre of Bio-Grow and ~1ml per litre of Bio-Bloom.

That's it, just twice. Suggested amounts were minimum 2ml per litre but I was too afraid of burning the ladies and decided to take a cautious approach.

Maybe my plants are suffering a bit of Nitrogen deficiency now but at least I can gradually fix it without incurring in major damages.
On my next autoflowering grow I'll try to start with a higher concentration, let's say.... 1.2ml per litre.
I know it's still less than what they suggest but I prefer not having a "perfect yield" than risking to ruin the plant.

For the next watering I think I'll get to 1.5 ml/l of each fert, then I'll keep Bio-grow to that level and reach a max of 2ml/l of Bio-Bloom in the last stages.

I think someone else could suggest a more "aggressive" strategy, which might work even better, but as I said I'm too afraid of ruining the plants :'D

Thanks a lot! I followed a "less is more" policy :'D

First of all I'm using Bio-Grow and Bio-Bloom by BioBizz. Their NPK values are respectively 4 3 6 and 2 7 4.

The first time I used them was on day 25 (counting from the day I planted the seed). It was a couple of days after the plants first showed pre-flowers.
That day I used 10 drops of Bio-Grow per 1 litre of water. 1 drop corresponds to ~0.08 ml so I used a concentration of about 0.8ml per litre. I didn't use Bio-Bloom that time.

The second time I used ferts was yesterday (day 37), but this time I raised the amount and added Bio-Bloom to the mix.
I used 12 drops per litre of both ferts, which means ~1ml per litre of Bio-Grow and ~1ml per litre of Bio-Bloom.

That's it, just twice. Suggested amounts were minimum 2ml per litre but I was too afraid of burning the ladies and decided to take a cautious approach.

Maybe my plants are suffering a bit of Nitrogen deficiency now but at least I can gradually fix it without incurring in major damages.
On my next autoflowering grow I'll try to start with a higher concentration, let's say.... 1.2ml per litre.
I know it's still less than what they suggest but I prefer not having a "perfect yield" than risking to ruin the plant.

For the next watering I think I'll get to 1.5 ml/l of each fert, then I'll keep Bio-grow to that level and reach a max of 2ml/l of Bio-Bloom in the last stages.

I think someone else could suggest a more "aggressive" strategy, which might work even better, but as I said I'm too afraid of ruining the plants :'D

Your strategy sounds alot like what i've been thinking about..
I wanted to start out with 1ml/L bio-grow, then add the bloom ferts on the next weekly feeding and slowly work my way up.. i think 1ml bio-grow through out the entire circle would be good, since autos start to flower so soon you dont really get to use ferts in the 'veg' stage, then you can slowly increase bio-bloom amount as to the plants liking ;)
but yeah people could probably suggest a more agressive manner of feeding autos but i like more-is-less hehe.. Keeps you out of too much trouble ;) Thanks anyway man, helped me out seeing that it's working for you :high-five:

Guys, I may have a little problem here. As I wrote the last time, 4 leaves from each plant have fallen at the moment. They first became yellow, then their tips started becoming brown, then they died.

The third set of fan leaves were already slightly yellow when I watered, and I thought that watering+nutes could solve the problem and heal those leaves.
I think it didn't work, and I don't know if I should worry about it or not since upper leaves seem unaffected.
Here's a picture of an "advanced" yellow leaf with a sane leaf for comparison:

IMG_5359_FIXED.JPG

I'm suspecting nitrogen deficiency, even though my very-cheap ph-meter is ranging between 7.5-7
What do you think?

It's probably nitrogen also canabas thrives at 6.0 -6.5 in soil and do you calibrate the ph meter also subbed doing good every grow usually has atleast a few downs it's just giving you experience.

It's probably nitrogen also canabas thrives at 6.0 -6.5 in soil and do you calibrate the ph meter also subbed doing good every grow usually has atleast a few downs it's just giving you experience.

My ph meter is a very cheap one, it doesn't even have a calibration method, it's analogic :straightface:
Thanks a lot for your help, it confirms my concerns :)

But hey, since it's only occuring from the bottom up, might it not be because of too little nutes rather than nuteburn? She's drawing the power from the lower leaves? I dont know.. just a thought :peace:

Sure Away, that's what I think the problem is, I even watered it again today with a higher concentration of nutrients (1.5ml per litre). I'll just wait now and see what happens in the next days.

In the meantime I started another thread on the "Problems" subforum, let's see if someone there can give us a confirm.

Autos will lose the color of there lower leaves all of my autos have had to have lower parts stripped as they fade out i think it's just plant development altho on the leaf above there is some spotting just starting to appear and tommorow you will see some nasty orange nutrient burn spots just water plain next feeding, also on size difference it may be phenotype may be lights emiting less light the plants being in the light arc sweet spot due to stunting many reasons but tighter nodal spacing is best long stretched out buds not very gd but other than nute burn gd job nice grow you got going :) :bong:

your girls look good aside from the rough bits, you've done amazingly with the equipment available to you, if i can come close to this with my grow I'll be most pleased. keep it up :)

Day 54!

Autos will lose the color of there lower leaves all of my autos have had to have lower parts stripped as they fade out i think it's just plant development altho on the leaf above there is some spotting just starting to appear and tommorow you will see some nasty orange nutrient burn spots just water plain next feeding, also on size difference it may be phenotype may be lights emiting less light the plants being in the light arc sweet spot due to stunting many reasons but tighter nodal spacing is best long stretched out buds not very gd but other than nute burn gd job nice grow you got going :) :bong:

Hi scottish, thank you very much for helping me with this riddle. I would exclude nutrient burn because as you can read in my previous posts I've always used a very low concentration while feeding. Is it possible you're talking about light burns on the leaf tips? They're "evenly distributed" as I don't have much space to handle my ladies and sometimes they get too close to the light bulbs..
The main problem I have is leaf yellowing, almost certainly due to Nitrogen Deficiency.

The ladies are still losing some leaves now and then but I think I understood it's not a problem as long as it happens while approaching the last period of their life cycle.

your girls look good aside from the rough bits, you've done amazingly with the equipment available to you, if i can come close to this with my grow I'll be most pleased. keep it up :)

Thanks a lot Equanimity, it helps to hear supportive feedback from colleagues :D

Hey BOFH how's your ladies? ;) Looking forward to seeing an update bro :thumb:

.....aaaaaand last but not least, thank you Away, you've been very, very helpful all these weeks.
I've been busy with some exams and forgot to update the thread for a while, but I'm still here :D

I'll upload some fresh pictures very soon! Don't expect anything more than you've seen the last time, aside from some slightly bigger buds covered by sweeeeet sweeeet thrychomes :circle-of-love:

They're still small, and they'll probably be like that until harvest, but I must be proud of what I did at my first attempt to get into this beautiful world.

I can't wait to start over and try to fix the mistakes I ran into this time :thumb:

Day 59 :D

Here are some pictures of my little ladies as promised!

Jannella
IMG_5388_FIXED.JPG

Jannella's top
IMG_53933.JPG

Koncetta
IMG_5390_FIXED.JPG

Koncetta's top
IMG_53946.JPG

I hope you like them as much as I do :)

I know they're nowhere near the "best" I could achieve, but experience makes a real difference here, and I had none at the beginning.

If anybody new to growing reads this I don't want him to throw the towel and think the result is not worth the effort.
Aside from the result, it's been a great experience, and again: I can't wait to start over

Looks good man everyone at one point Is a begginer I bet your next grow will double maybe triple in weight good job on not quiting alot of people try and quit as soon as one thing is wrong

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom