Anthonyjohn's 400w HPS/CFL Blue Dream 12/2011 1st Grow

I definitely think it depends on the strain. Also I've heard keeping the roots cooler helps.

I know that the tighter your temp band is( the less it changes), the more energy the plant can use to produce fat ass buds!

Does that mean keeping a consistant temp day to day, night to night? or consistent day and night? Thanks for the feedback everyone:thanks:

Overall your plants look healthy and happy, never grown from seed before, but I know with clones, you usually don't see a growth spurt until at least week 3 or 4 of veg...

I would recommend raising the humidity to at least 30% or higher...when the humidity gets this low in veg, sometimes it may slow the growth down slightly because the plants go into a sort of "drought" mode and slow down intake of CO2 and uptake less water. The ideal IMO would be between 35-50% for veg.. and 20-45% flower...

I've noticed with temps I try to keep mine below 85F but some strains show stress when I hit around 80F, some are fine at even higher temps... just watch your leaves and if you see them start to roll up like a fresh split blunt, then you know there stressed due to heat and dry air... if not..then you should be good :)

Nice setup man. Plus Rep For This.

Your pictures look like that because im guessing its a cell phone or a low quality camera, it cant capture the light like it should due to the optics. I would grab a small humidifier from Wal Mart or Target, best 20 - 25 bucks you can spend. The heat issue is dependent on the strain but also the C02 in the air, more C02 and the more heat your plants can take.

And to be honest i would switch your soil for next time, Ive seen nothing but bad things come from MG and I dont know why. If you can get your hands on some i would go with Fox Farm soil, I use Fox Farm Ocean Forest and its a great mix. If you cant get your hands on anything but MG let me know and maybe we can find away to mail it to ya on the cheap.

Icemud said:
Overall your plants look healthy and happy, never grown from seed before, but I know with clones, you usually don't see a growth spurt until at least week 3 or 4 of veg...

I would recommend raising the humidity to at least 30% or higher...when the humidity gets this low in veg, sometimes it may slow the growth down slightly because the plants go into a sort of "drought" mode and slow down intake of CO2 and uptake less water. The ideal IMO would be between 35-50% for veg.. and 20-45% flower...

I've noticed with temps I try to keep mine below 85F but some strains show stress when I hit around 80F, some are fine at even higher temps... just watch your leaves and if you see them start to roll up like a fresh split blunt, then you know there stressed due to heat and dry air... if not..then you should be good :)

At week 3 from seed my plants were about a foot tall and very bushy.. They should grow VERY fast right at first.. If they aren't, something is off... Growing in coco is much superior than soil though as far as growth rates.. So that could be the difference

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom