Super Silver Haze & Blue Dream

Protobothrops

This is a journal on my SSH seed found in a Dispensary eighth, and a Blue Dream seed found the same. I could name both dispensaries but I'm not at this time.

Equipment -

Vegetative Light - 125watt 6500k CFL
Flowering Light - 2 250watt 2100k CFL
2 250watt 2700k CFL
150watt HPS

Miscellaneous - 2 10" fans
2" basket planters
1gal panters
3 large propagation trays
Mylar covering everything
2 Timers 18/6 and 12/12
Co2 Canister 50lbs

Substrate - 40% Vermiculite
20% Perlite
20% Soil
20% River rocks

Nutrients - Guano (0.7.0) rooting/ clone. rooting
Dutchmaster line of Nutes

- Summary -

It's day 5 seeds have broken the soil and are sprouting first set of leaflets. Going to veg indefinitely and take cuttings for flowering. I also have pollen from Ice, and Blackjack for breeding.

Short bio - new to the forum but have grown many times. Was away for a bit but now I'm back stronger then ever. Thank you

re: Super Silver Haze & Blue Dream

Thank you much, I know SSH very very well a old mistress. I've grown many sativa and sativa doms. The nug the seed came from was very very much the Indica phenotype. It was very full bodied, head to toe. My only issue that patience is going to have to solve is I don't know who the Sire is of the seed. Indica pheno SSH mom and smooth operator I call it. In a perfect world for me the Site would be Durban, but that's why there is dreams. One day one day.

The Blue Dream is shorter and thicker so far. And same here not sure who the Sire was since these were from a dispensary. Be nice to know but the surprise should be better.

Randomly found seeds have brought us some sweet ladies like Sour Diesel, and Purps. So I'm very excited.

Thank you again for the warm well light welcome.

Thank you blulezard

I've had SSH, from many dispensaries and private growers. I'm 31 ten years ago I got it for the first time, sativa phenotype. It was like frost puff of ammonia recking pleasure. I've read some reports of a fruity phenotype from Mr Nice (not getting into Shanti Baba and Aryan Roskam's war) personally I've never seen this one in the ten years. Everytime it's like a litter box almost just with out the shit smell. Very very energetic effect but can calm down and zone out to the Xbox for hours too. I prefer the Indica phenotype for its all around superbness. Pics coming soon waiting on a new DSLR.

Thank you again.

Only reason no pictures Amazon taking forever with my new camera. Of it doesn't come in today I'll use my phone.

Update : been really cold at night cause the AC was reopened kinda slowed growth. My sativa beauties are slowly getting there.

Pretty sure the dispensaries used dehydraters that hurt the seeds a small amount. Every other grow I've done by now I got 2 of 3 internodes more then these but patience is key.

Welcome to the party.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm also thinking of switching to LED but the price is crazy.

I'm thinking the Timber Cob DIY. Or I might just add it into my current system.

I'd like info from any LED experience please?

I'm also thinking of switching to LED but the price is crazy.

I'm thinking the Timber Cob DIY. Or I might just add it into my current system.

I'd like info from any LED experience please?

I too want to plunge into the world of LED growing, however, the prices are way out of my price range. I was thinking about trying to build a DIY LED grow light too. Maybe next grow, or next year, seeing how LED lights are getting cheaper by the year. Personally I hear great things from LED growers, the lower running temps and less heat produced in an enclosed grow space are two really good reasons to switch to LED. The spectrum produced in most LED grow lights is also superior to HID's, in most cases. However, HID's currently still have more penetration than most LED lights. Soon to change since LED's are getting better and better each year. LED's also have longer life spans! HID's are out of the question for me personally, too much heat and also too expensive for me. Not that LED's aren't just as expensive, if not more!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I've done crazy amounts of research and every expert I talk to says only use led if heat is a issue. And if not HID. Beyond that many say worse the CFL sometimes cause they aren't created equal. Failure rate of LED tech is high to slot of it just breaks.

Digital ballast 1000 HPS is 175 to 600 depending on what you buy but it's pretty much garuanteed to produce dense firm nuggets

I've done crazy amounts of research and every expert I talk to says only use led if heat is a issue. And if not HID. Beyond that many say worse the CFL sometimes cause they aren't created equal. Failure rate of LED tech is high to slot of it just breaks.

Digital ballast 1000 HPS is 175 to 600 depending on what you buy but it's pretty much garuanteed to produce dense firm nuggets

I've heard different stories for different LED's, some work better than others. The Chinese LED's seem to be the ones with higher failure rates. But I've heard nothing but good things about LED grow lights made in the US. Obviously you get what you pay for. Ex, cheap LED grow lights off eBay like the MARS lights seem to break often, or have parts that break down due to the use of cheaper parts used to manufacture the lights. The Perfect Sun LED light I've only heard good things about. There's other high end LED lights out there too but you gotta pay for quality. HIDs have an advantage over LEDs because they've been around longer and have a well established system for use. LEDs however are still fairly new and a good or "perfect" system has yet to be developed. Still though, there are great LEDs out there but they're expensive as hell. $800+. Personally I'm either going to build my own system or wait until LEDs get cheaper. I will never pay more than 200-300 for a single grow light. If the industry can start producing high quality lights in my price range then I will make the plunge, until then, Fluorescent it is.

I would love to use HID but for me that would produce too much heat where I grow. The small airport around me does thermal imaging fly bys around here always searching for illegal ops. Too risky to use HID for me. Which is why I want a well built affordable LED system. One day, some day, just not today. .

I would love to use HID but for me that would produce too much heat where I grow. The small airport around me does thermal imaging fly bys around here always searching for illegal ops. Too risky to use HID for me. Which is why I want a well built affordable LED system. One day, some day, just not today. .

Thermal imaging works right threw the side of your house man. In fact 2001 Supreme Court said it can only be used with a warrant which means it has to be disclosed to you before, so a lawyer can be called cause it's your right. But there are many many tubes that run with coolers that work very very well. Look into them I'd do it n post names but I'm headed to work. I'll find some optimal system and post them for you.

Re: Super Silver Haze & Blue Dream

Update

Blue dream busted up and almost got burned by the light safe now though. She's having issues absorbing manganese. Not that's there's a lack of it in the soil. I steep chia seeds to make a thick gel and infuse the soil with it chis seeds have the 4th highest value of manganese.

SSH is a lil nitrogen nymph. No matter how much I put she wants more.

Found out today my soil has ridiciulous amounts of chlorine in it. Pretty surr thats how they sterlized it and call it organic cause chlorine is naturally acquiring. Might lose my SSH thats fine i git more seeds of her.

Blue Dream took the hit and pushed threw.

Ive replaced all the soil 100%. I went as far as washing off the roots as much as possible and completely replanted then both.

Blue is starting to perk up again. But SSH is anyones guess looks like a death but i hope just a stress test for her. If she makes it im going to give her a extra 4 weeks to heal before taking clones or flowering.

Pics later today when i have more time.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom