Bag Seeds Grow #1

jp1423

I started by soaking my rr's in some phed water, put the seed down in the hole and covered them up, put them in a big sour cream container, stuck them in the cabinet over the fridge. Hopeing 5-7 days that i can get them under the 3 26w CFL's then to the 400w HPS. any feed back on how you think this method will work for my seeds would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

4 rr's
4 bag seeds
in a container in dark warm place
home made humitity dome
23w cfl's
homemade grow cabinet
400w hps
home made dwc system

2012-08-11_19_50_33.jpg

Sounds good except the 5-7 days before placing under lights. This will cause the seedlings to stretch and have weak stems. These could break if the fan is too high or if no support is lent to the seedlings.

In order to limit stretching I placed my seedlings under lights immediately once I saw something poking out. I used a 50w MH desktop lamp. Still got a little stretch and some curvey stems have placing them near the fan.

Hope this was helpful

Everything at this point is very helpful with this being my first grow! with that being said i will check on the seedlings sooner then later. What else comes to mind is distance of light could that reduce the chance of stretching?.. I would really like to keep these plantes as short and compact as i can, i sure that has a lot to do with genetics tho.

ok if i split my rr where i put my seed i can see that my seed has rooted shoud i go ahead and put that under my cfls?

Be careful under that 400 hps, risk the chance of burning the little girls if to close I would of stuck to the cfls for a while, If there 6500k daylight bulbs they promote short dense growth during veg, you might see more stretching with the hps.

well you were right got very very hott think for the size of my cabinet im going to have to stick with cfls going to get 2 105 w clfls and use those wont need as much ventilation so more post to come

with the 400w hps the caninet was at about 120 degrees now with 6 cfls cabinet is staying at about 104 with humidity around 23%.... i guess my question is how are some cheeper ways that i can lower the temp about 20 or 25 degrees and boost my humidity 40%??? Please help

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom