Bottom leaves yellowing?

TheOtherMJ

I'm in my second week of flowering and today I notice some of the small bottom leaves were turning yellow and falling off. From what I have learned so far is that it is normal for that to happen later on in flowering. Should I be worried? Most are still green and healthy. Maybe they were the ones that wasnt getting any light is that normal?
This pic is after they fell off so it's just showing the plant now.
image699.jpg

pic is hard to see in that light but its not normal this early on. u have a nute issue/ph issue. need a clearer pic.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so fast. Apoptosis of the lower leaves after flowering begins, in general, is normal. Once they begin flowering, they will metabolize much more energy just to make those cells. Especially if he is supplementing with a phosphorous dominated bloom fertilizer, which will direct the energy being used to keep the leaves alive, towards the budding sites. This is much more noticable later in flowering since it's requiring much more energy to not only create female sex cells, but large cannabinoid molecules as well.

It just depends on how much initial energy the plant has stored up, and how much energy it can afford to transfer to the places it needs it. I agree that a better, clearer, more focused picture depicting the foliage would tell us more if there is a pH or nutrient problem.

PS: The upper-most regions of the plant (apical tips) contain more of the auxins, and require more energy than the lower portions of the plant. So, this thermodynamic transfer makes sense..

Sorry for the wait guys.. Ok I flushed the plant. Ph'ed the run off. Ph is at 6.8. Oh and I'm growing in soil.
Here's a better picture.
image702.jpg
image700.jpg

Nutes I'm using recipe for success. At 3/4 strength

Can't do that Sir she looks good atm a before pic could have helped alot. Keep us updated THMJ. Peace OG

In retrospect I regret taking the yellow leaves off before I took a picture.. (Actually they kinda fell off by their self)but.. Too late now. I will keep everyone posted. Hopefully it was just because they were small and wasnt getting any light. We will see. Thanks for the input everyone!

i agree with everyone. there is some slight yellowing, this is often possible early on in flower depending on strain and conditions and it does look like you could increase the food somewhat.

also. the default picture viewer in windows can rotate pictures so we dont get sore necks trying to gain perspective. even tho its not an editor is saves the rotate you did ;)

plants are looking fine tho. and keep an open mind. it IS possible for little PH issues to cause exactly these problems.
so you should stay on top of that too.

i try to water at about ph 6.1 as it will rise a little in the soil while drying.

Edit: run off of 6.8 is too high right guys? if i remember correctly if your ph rises hard from water in to water run off, then your plant is very hungry right?

My plant's bottom leaves started yellowing, too. Can someone tell me if Schultz 10-15-10 would do any good? Here's a pic- does this look like a nutrient deficiency?
image1236.jpg

firstly my friend, its much better to start your own thread, you can ask as many questions in your own posts as you want. but jumping on the back of another diagnosis may get helpers confused when we scan read ;)

do you have any information on the conditions the plant is being kept in.
hours of light, room tepratures, humidity, soil PH, watering pattern.

something is obviously wrong with this plant but the combination of nute def symptoms coupled with nute burns hints at a bigger problem than a shortage of food. your soil looks quite wet. wet feet and ph issues or even pests in the soil could all give these symptoms and have nothing to do with the amount of food your giving the plant..

please give more data for a better answer ;)

My plant's bottom leaves started yellowing, too. Can someone tell me if Schultz 10-15-10 would do any good? Here's a pic- does this look like a nutrient deficiency?
image1236.jpg

Back
Top Bottom