Bought a new 1000w hps off ebay for $120

DaddyFatSax09

im wondering if i wasted my money because air flow hoods are expensive and this one dosent have one...

the ballest looks shitty but thats just an opinion lol it could work fine

would it be smart to run this with a digital ballest so i can switch between mh and hps? arnt theey safer and give your more lumens anyways? can i use regular ducting and that will keep the temp at no more than 85 and make it so i wouldnt need an air cooled hood..i plan on using either a 5x5x7 tent or 4x4 but most likly the 5

Depends on your grow environment really, and how well you can control it.

If you're ventilation is set-up well, you may not need the air-cooled hood.

You got a magnetic ballast too, so you cannot dim the bulb, this makes it even more important that you have proper ventilation. If you can suck out the heat, and bring in cool air you can make it work.

Now after I wrote all that I'm reading you mentioned a 5x5, it's possible however going to be a challenge depending on where the tent is placed.

ok so i should just spend my money on a dimmible and interchangable between hps and mh ballest and say fuck the hood? i was thinking of setting it up and constantly checking it every hr or.3 hrs to see what its like after 12-16 hrs to see if its decent. if i keep the ballast can you tell me about those high output fans ive been kinda looking ibto those with a duxt muffler or something like that

Well, it depends on your budget, I wouldn't want to advise you to spend more money if you're on a tight budget. If you can afford it I would get the dimmable digital (which we can help you with if you want just contact us), and you can keep the magnetic as a back-up in case of failures.

But again, if you're budget is tight, stick to what you got.

I recommend running the lighting and ventilation before you get plants in there, try to dial in the growing environment before plants are introduced so you do not start off plants in a stressful situation.

You have about 175 cubic feet of grow tent so you will need a fan that is at least 200 CFM. You might be able to get away with a duct booster fan, they can work in small grow situations. If you have the money, go for the Max Fan, it's really one of the best, lightweight, built-on controller, quiet, and powerful.

Without fully knowing your space setup I cannot guarantee it will resolve all issues.

What I can promise is it will give you more options, and allow you to cool the space very quickly by lowering the heat output of the bulb with a simple twist of a knob.

E-mail me: joey@gjvhydro.com

If you're interested in talking about the ballast further, and want to know my selection.

Back
Top Bottom